Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Heater valve relocation??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Heater valve relocation??

In my searches regarding clutch components & procedures I remember a thread about relocating the heater valve(when the bell housing is removed), so if it fails it won't ruin the clutch disc. Now I can't seem to find the thread again. Anybody familiar with this very logical mod??
Old 06-05-2004, 12:18 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was wondering the same thing, i know guys have done it, i would guess it eliminates the metal tube running along the cam housing? I want to do this as well, just don't know exactly how to go about it.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Claus Groth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Karl2bdc
I was wondering the same thing, i know guys have done it, i would guess it eliminates the metal tube running along the cam housing? I want to do this as well, just don't know exactly how to go about it.
I did this on my '86 951 daily driver. There is a Z shaped hose from the heater pipe in the firewall to the heater and a different Z shaped hose from the other heater pipe in the firewall to the tube over the exhaust headers. If I recall correctly, one is longer than the other and I purchased another long one. One went from the 90 degree elbow on the cylinder head to one of the firewall fittings and the other went from the second firewall fitting to near the cruise control actuator. I attached the valve there and tie-wrapped it to ?. The tube over the exhaust header was removed but the hose between it and the waterpump was retained. I purchased a coupling to fit into that short hose and fit a connection hose between it and the heater valve.

Let me know if this is not clear enough.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Claus Groth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I forgot to write that I had purchased the tube above the exhaust header of the 16 valve engine since that car has the heater valve between the tube and the water pump. the 16 valve head is so different that the tube mounts so differently that it is difficult to modify. Also, the heater valve is so close to the #1 header tube that I deemed it unacceptable.

Quick Reply: Heater valve relocation??