Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Quick vacuum line question before I put my intake manifold back on

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 10:25 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Quick vacuum line question before I put my intake manifold back on

Just to be sure, the gizmo that I have circled in red below is the metal pipe that the cycling valve bracket is bolted to, correct? This pipe carries coolant to a short rubber hose that runs right over the flywheel inspection hole and connects to an offwhite colored plastic thing that is right up against the firewall (what is this called? is it on the diagram below? it looks like is has a vacuum nipple on the other end of it)

Anyway, the metal pipe has two nipples on the top of it in a brass fitting. Assuming that I'm right, and this is what is circled, does it matter which of the two nipples is connected to the fuel vapor purge system and which is connected to the nipple on the bottom of the throttle body?

So far, getting rid of the venturi mess has been pretty painless. I'm just down to the last few small lines before I put the manifold back on tomorrow morning.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got it. Not sure if it matters but the nipple that is angled should go twords the fuel vapor purge and the one that is more vertical should go to the t-body.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:36 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

the thing circled in Red is a temperature activated vacuum switch. It shouldn't matter how it is hooked up, but the way Jeremy described it is correct.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:21 AM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

is it me or did I notice a aluminum restrictor in one of the isv hoses? Also which way does the arrow on the ISV point the intake or IC pipe?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:28 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!

badcoupe, the arrow should point toward the manifold.

One more question: I'm down to two lines left to connect. One is yellow and comes through the firewall (but is not the KLR line with the banjo fitting). The other comes off of the T near the battery that is circled in the lower left of the diagram above. Where do these two lines go? I can see one nipple on what I think is the heater valve (it is attached to the coolant line that passes over the flywheel inspection hole and attaches to the metal pipe that the cycling valve bracket is bolted to). If that's right, then the one coming from the firewall goes here? Where does the one from the T go?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

The one off the T (by the battery) goes to the one way check valve. It's for your vacuum canister.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

I've got one end attached to the blue/black check valve, the other attache to the vacuum canister next to the battery. The third hose from the T goes down along the firewall and is about 8 inches long. Any idea where this end connects?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

There should be two vacuum connections at the firewall by the AC/heater line inlets.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:00 AM
KLR
Rennlist Member

I can see one on what I think is the heater valve (it is attached to the coolant line that passes over the flywheel inspection hole and attaches to the metal pipe that the cycling valve bracket is bolted to). Do you know where the other is and which line goes to which nipple? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Quick vacuum line question before I put my intake manifold back on