Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Chas
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires

So I played guinea pig for Bridgestone's new "baby company", Fuzion. Bought their only model tire under the name the, Fuzion ZRi. Apparantly, they pushed this company out to compete with the "ricer tire" companies.

225/50 and 245/45 front and rear...DIRT CHEAP (77 and 87 if I remember correctly).

I would IMHO say that I can pretty closely compare them to the Yokohama AVS ES100's and Kumho Ecsta MX's, as I have driven both of those immediately before mounting the new ZRi's.

And I must say, I love them! I mean...come on, $350 shipped from tirerack.com for a set of wheels that have WAY better wet traction and hydroplaning resistance than both the ES100's and the MX's. Dry traction is also better! Turn in is about the same. They are a little noisey on hard cornering, but they are very predictable.

On my private/closed road course, these tires passed with flying colors. I would say if the ES100's were the exact same price, and I had to choose...it would be a tie. But these ZRi's are just soo cheap...I can't wait to get them to a smooth track and see how they do. I would feel fine blasting through a set of tires if they are only 350 to replace!

Just thought I'd share
Old 06-02-2004, 03:28 PM
jim944s2
Racer

I just looked at tire-rack, and I only saw 1 size (205/55?). I wonder why that is? Bridgestones are my favorite for street tires, I currently have S03's, if it's a similar compound those are a fantastic buy. Some of Bridgestones cheaper tires have been really good as well, like the old RE71s.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Chas, awesome info!! That is what we love to hear in here
Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Chas
Pro

toddk911, thanks...I like to give back a little every now and then

jim944s2, they haven't updated the site yet, they are that new...but I promise they have a very wide size selection, you just have to call and ask

Here is a link for a tad more info... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....&tireModel=ZRi
Old 06-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I played guinea pig for Bridgestone's new "baby company", Fuzion. Bought their only model tire under the name the, Fuzion ZRi. Apparantly, they pushed this company out to compete with the "ricer tire" companies.

It is not a separate company, it IS a new brand. Like Lexus was to Toyota or for those familiar with tires like Fisk is to Michelin or Lemans is to Firestone. In this business we all make a LOT of tires with various name brands.

I will pass on your review to engineering.

I just looked at tire-rack, and I only saw 1 size (205/55?). I wonder why that is?

Let me know what size you are looking for Tire Rack doesnt show them all and there are 29 sizes.

Bridgestones are my favorite for street tires, I currently have S03's, if it's a similar compound those are a fantastic buy.

Not even close, not really comparable. Much more like an ES100 or Toyo Proxes FZ4 or Kumho MX.

Some of Bridgestones cheaper tires have been really good as well, like the old RE71s.

The RE750 is VERY nice as well.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Chas
Pro

Matt, do you sell them cheaper than tire rack? They have all the sizes too.

And you were ambiguous, do you think you still consider those youngin companies part of the bigger ones they spawned from?

And I'd put this new tire up against the RE750, bet it would perform to the same level, AND it's way cheaper
Old 06-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chas, our pricing is about the same. Tire rack doesnt LIST all the sizes though they sell them.

Fuzion is a separate brand name NOT a separate company. You will have trust me on this.

It does not perform as well as the 750, again you will have to trust me. It is a damn good tire and for the money I think it is FAR superior to the Kumho 712 and the like.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Chas
Pro

Sorry, I meant to stress in my first post that Fuzion = Bridgestone

Quick Reply: New Tires