Danno where are You??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 12:20 PM
GWTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He's back now

Hey Guys,

Just as an FYI, some of the parts he offers rely on an exchange of product from the customer. For example, when I upgraded to my 18psi chips, I had to send back my 15psi chips. Likewise, when I got my new wastegate from him, I owed him my old core. There's a lot of follow up required on his part to make sure people send back their old parts. Transactions like this adds a lot more time to the sales process but help keep the prices affordable. Case-in-point: I picked up a new Guru wastegate 3 weeks ago, but just got a chance to install it this weekend. So for the last 3 weeks he's been waiting for my core.

Just adding my 2 cents to this thread.

Greg W.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Paul968
Racer

mwc951 to address your post........ I can appreciate your comments about custom chips and not being able to supply the goods to our customers when promised........ these are concerns of mine. I do not want to fall in the same trap as many others have before me.
And your right.....Danno's products do kick ***!!

I am a 11 year Porsche owner, who just like many others, is very frustrated with the lack of customer service and honesty provided by certain Porsche Parts/Performance companies.
After many years of complaining about it, I decided to stop complaining and do something about it! So I started my own business so that I had control of things and could offer the level of customer service I had hoped to receive myself.

When starting my relationship with all of my vendors/suppliers, I invested a lot of time and money to ensure:
1. I have a large selection of their products in-stock and on hand. If I do not have the parts in stock, I will only give an ETD that I know we can make. Before we take any payment I make sure our customers are fully aware of any back orders or waiting times..... if they wish to wait, we then place the order. To be honest, we normally tell the customer we have it on order and we will call them back when it arrives...... if they are still in the market to buy the item, great we well sell it to them then. That way their money in not tied up!
I am continually building my on-hand stock levels so that I can be 100% in control of shipping times and customer service! Basically NO wait!

2. If we received an order for a custom chip...... yes, I would still personally involve the expertise of Danno.
The benefit we can offer in this situation is...... As a distributor, we can work with you in contacting and dealing with Danno.
Also through our knowledge base we can answer many simply questions continually asked and offer advise.
Danno is a genuine, honest and great guy who I know tries his utmost to respond to all of his customers in a timely fashion. However, there are only so many emails and phone calls you can answer in a day!
In Powerwerks becoming a distributor of Guru's products, this will allow Guru to offer better customer service because of the additional support and source for its products.

3. Being from the North east coast and finding that everything seems to be situated on the West coast..... powerwerks offers the NE.Coast and Canadian people an alternative option. I am just finishing the powerwerks show/demonstration car, that is basically running everything we sell and carry. I think many East coast people would like to see, hear and touch the products before they purchase them. I am giving them this option..... they can come to our large showroom and see the items in person. There is always someone in the store to answer questions and offer advise. Also they can see the car and even take a ride if they wish!

I am working very hard to grow my on-hand inventory and range of products. Already I have 100's of products sat on my shelves...... many of which a lot of folks on the boards are looking for! I deal direct with all the companies I work with..... I have spent a lot of money buying in direct with the larger companies, just so that I can offer a great level of customer service and lower the waiting times.
Also I am currently developing my own line/range of products...... many of which will be new to the market.

I hope that Powerwerks is helping bridge the gap between the current situation and taking a step towards receiving the products quickly, with a great level of customer service.... with the aim of a totally satisfied customer at the end.

This obviously is for me/Powerwerks to prove and will take time..... I know this but we all have to start somewhere.

Best Regards,
Paul R
Old 06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

most reputable businesses don't charge your credit card until the item is shipped.

Damn near impossible when you look at the number of possible customers. When a customer came to me to order a set of 4K dollar wheels/tires they got charged up front. No reason for my money to be on the line. Seem normal? What if I told you I was running a normal retail outlet that sold 2 million dollars a year that was part of a company that made 400 million. Even with that kind of revenue I took precautions. There is a limited buyer segment if the buyer backs out. Danno has not only that problem but he has a FAR lower amount of operating capital.

All that said, his business could use FAR better communication skills. A blackberry would go far. Jeremy is right, if this was Huntley people would be looking for blood.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Zackb911
Racer

Hey guys Danno emailed me today over something I asked him a month or so ago so he is alive and out there!! Just getting caught up apparently...

Zack
Old 06-01-2004, 08:28 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Paul, does this mean you will be a dealer offering GURU products??
Old 06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Paul968
Racer

toddk911,

Correct..... we are carrying and selling all Guru products.

Regards,
Paul R
Old 06-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Paul968 ... as a Canadian I am always looking for products to upgrade my 951. My friend who owns an aftermarket P-Car Garage that has been in business for 30+ years is also looking for enhancement products and we both run into the same problem!

It seems that most vendors ship via UPS etc., instead of the US Postal Service. UPS etal use brokers when they ship to Canada that adds $50 or more to the order just for broker fees. This makes your product too expensive and we start looking elsewhere. By USPS, all we pay is the duty which is fine by us.

It's your call as to who you ship by, but most of my friends and aquaintences that have P-Cars find this to be a major PITA! I know we are a small portion of your market and may not warrant any changes to present operating procedures, but , there could be opportunities to expand on this market.

Paul ... I don't mean to pick on you and if I seem like I did, I humbly apologize. It's just the "right time" to discuss this issue and the comment is directed at ALL Vendors. We may be small, but there is dollars to be made from Canadians!

Jaak Lepson
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Paul968
Racer

Absolutely no offence taken Jaak......Actually I am aware of this and we are fully prepared to ship any means necessary to accommodate you.

I am originally from England and will be offering the same service to the people back in the UK and Europe........ one of my main business goals was to accommodate and supply to Canada.

Let me know if there is anything else that makes life a little easier for you guys........ I am always open to suggestions.

Best Regards,
Paul R
Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Paul ... great to hear!!!! I will be bookmarking your site and will be considering giving you first crack on any purchases!

May want to update your site to reflect other shipping options.

Again, thanks!

Jaak Lepson
Old 06-02-2004, 12:54 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

There is also My Swiss right in our backyard.

Any Porsche part you need, plus after market parts too.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Paul may want to get your online catalog online as soon as possible.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:44 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

So should we be contacting you for GURU products now?? Will prices be the same??
Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Paul968
Racer

Yes, all prices are the same.

If you are west coast then I would contact Danno........ if he is closer to you, not only will shipping be cheaper, but the shipping time will be less.

If you are east coast then same rules apply...... you can contact us.

Best Regards,
Paul R
Old 06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

PK951 ... I have used myswiss in the past ... got his old chips!

I DO like to deal with vendors that have a website that lists products as well as prices.

And, secondly, I have gained much knowledge as well as gotten assistance from Rennlist .... that I feel I owe their sponsors first crack at my business or a chance to loose it.

Myswiss does not have the product I want at the moment and I do not have/see his website. Paul does!

Jaak Lepson
Note my sig ........
Old 06-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree... If a vendor doesn't have a good web site with all the products listed etc. I won't shop there.
When you're almost on the other side of the world it's not very feasable to drop by and take a look at the products yourself.

If someone is interested in a getting an e-commerce web site - contact me and we'll work something it for practially nothing

Take care
Gustaf

Quick Reply: Danno where are You??