Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Danno where are You?? (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/137066-danno-where-are-you.html)

'86 944 turbo 05-30-2004 11:58 PM

Danno where are You??

Has anyone seen or heard of Danno lately? I have sent him some email's last week and still no reply. What's up with Danno?

giddyup 05-31-2004 12:59 AM

I've emailed him twice in the past week also. No response. :confused: I need a Guru wastegate!

shaheed 05-31-2004 02:19 AM

that's a good question...i sent a few emails to him recently and have gotten no response...the man's entitled to his time off just like the rest of us i guess.

Laust Pedersen 05-31-2004 02:22 AM

I too have had no success in contacting him lately. My guess is that he is busy installing an engine in his car and maybe also visiting family this Memorial weekend.

NZ951 05-31-2004 03:18 AM

I tell you Danno needs help from a business anaylst if he wants to make a decent go of his business. If he is happy plodding along, fine, but if he wants to make something substantial or long term, he needs help! Just my opinion... Dont get me wrong, I really like the guy and his products but needs advice or some kind of help.

schnellfahrer 05-31-2004 08:15 AM

I'm not alone in having trouble with Guru, I see.
A fellow PCN member waited 6 months for a MAP kit. I thought that was extraordinary. Obviously the rule, rather than the exception.

Zackb911 05-31-2004 11:58 AM

That seems to be the trouble with alot of the tuners out there. They make a good product and know their stuff, but are not too versed in the obligations of running a business... oh well

Zack

Dan87951 05-31-2004 01:52 PM

Looks like im out $255 bux.

JDeitz951 05-31-2004 04:04 PM

Hey, don't say that. He's not dishonest! I've never seen a post that says he ripped anyone off. He did find some a missing check from me he could have cashed but he destroyed it instead and sent me a free chip for trusting him. It's too bad he's not coming through but I guess he has his priorities.

eclou 05-31-2004 04:20 PM

I'd rather pay $250 and wait for some kick-ass chips than waste $400+ on crap that will never, ever be any good.

NZ951 05-31-2004 04:22 PM

I dont think Danno is dishonest either at all. He just needs some busines minded help.

Jason_86_951 05-31-2004 04:38 PM

I've been doing business with Danno from the start. Yes, sometimes he takes a while to get back to you, but I've never heard of him not delivering eventually. Is this good business practice........well, not really, but is it being ripped off, no.

Give this a thought as well.

How many fricken email's do you think he gets a day??????????

Danno,
Hire some help......preferably someone with large "breastesssss" (pronounced living colour style):D

Jason:bigbye:

mwc951 05-31-2004 05:00 PM

I agree with NZ.......a good consultant may help Guru Racing. If Danno wants to grow his business that is. It took 3 months after payment to get my chips. After speaking with Danno by phone several times I knew it was a matter of "when" not "if". He is a trustworthy guy. As with nitchie marketers, it's the "we need him more that he needs us" philosophy. Standard customer service rules do not apply. Be patient and wait for the good stuff. Until someone else builds a better mousetrap, as competition fuels the marketplace.

Is GURU Danno's main source of income(other than a trust fund)??
I assumed he had a real job and did Guru on the side. First impressions in speaking with him, he seemed like a computer guy to me.

Anyone know for sure.............

Danno...Danno??? You out there???

Paul968 05-31-2004 06:51 PM

Hi,

Firstly let me just say Danno is an amazing guy and makes the best chips I have ever seen! I know he sometimes he can take a little while to ship out, but all of his products are well worth the short wait!

I started my business last year (powerwerks.net) and I choose to carry Danno's products. I have a formal agreement with Danno and carry all of his products.

So there is another place to buy Danno's items! He covers the west coast and I cover the East coast and Canada.

This Rennlist post was released at the start of the year by Danno......

GURU Racing - Partnerships
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Santa Barbara -- Guru Racing_announces today..... Powerwerks.net_is now our east coast distributor.

Powerwerks offers the_full_Guru Racing_product line_and will handle sales, shipping and questions for Eastern_USA/Canada and European customers.

Powerwerks is_the one stop shop for all your Porsche performance needs and offers only the highest quality products available. Also carrying many other exclusive and unique product lines, Powerwerks is the place for Porsche Performance.

A full color catalog will be soon available...... for now you can visit them online at powerwerks.net or stop in at_the new showroom conveniently located in down town Portsmouth New Hampshire. Also see their grand-opening announcement here: PowerWerks

Best Regards,
Paul R

schnellfahrer 05-31-2004 07:04 PM

****! I should have ordred from you Paul. You also carry his wastegates?
You have his products in stock? I hate to think that I could have had the chips and WG installed well over a month ago had I ordered from you. Do you charge the same? I paid $605 for Chipsset (chips, FPR, reliaboost) and wastegate incl. core charge and shipping to Europe (Norway).