Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno where are You??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 07:05 PM
pflyers
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Danno,

I helped him pull his engine, he helped my install my turbo and some other stuff.

I've found that if you send him an email and he dosent respond it just takes a while, usually when you least expect it, poof heres a response.

He's very knowledgable and honest and bends over backwards to help people out. I think he has relatives up north, he's probably just out of town and I also know he was backlogged because of taking off for the OTC.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Frank Holland
Advanced

The long wait doesn't have to be a problem, unless Danno is promising shipment within 2-3 days and after one month it still has to be shipped.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:12 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, Frank. If Danno had said that he was swamped with work and that I would have to wait 3 months I would have gladly waited or bought elsewhere. When he promises delivery within 4-5 days (once) and then promises to ship today (once) and nothing arrives, I get frustrated. The season in Norway is short (6 months) and 1/3 has allready passed. I'm planning on going MAF or MAP next year, and if the chips don't arrive soon, I won't be needing them.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:27 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

I received my new chip today, sent out the 22nd of May from SB post office.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:37 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

There is Vittesse anybody know about him or is everybody sleeping.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:25 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Paul968............

One of the benefits of buying dealer direct from Guru is that one is able to get "custom" chips burned to one's specific application. How might a distributor better handle these requests over the manufacturer? As well, what exactly do you have in stock vs. drop ship?? You could be opening yourself up to a rath of **** from unhappy customers if you take an order, promise a delivery date, then have to wait for months for the product to be manufactured.

BTW....congrats on the Guru distributorship...........Danno's products kick ***!!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by JDeitz951
Hey, don't say that. He's not dishonest!
When someone says they'll do something and then doesn't do it, that's dishonest. It's the same old story "I can ship in three days" when he takes your cash (knowing that he won't ship then) and you don't get your stuff for months. When someone tells you it shipped yesterday and you don't get it for a month, that's dishonest. Ask Superjet about his experience.

Is everyone forgetting the three month disappearing act he pulled with people's cash and then came back offered and offered an apology and a song and dance about some chick while for months some guys were SOL? How about the overseas guys who sent him serious cash and missed a whole season? When someone has MY money, I don't give a **** about their problems.

C'mon guys, if this were vertex, winward, huntley, autoatlanta, or damn near anyone else NO ONE would offer sympathy or stand for it. It's a bi-weekly thing where someone has to come on the board with a "where is my **** Danno" or the "Paging Danno" post. As long as people continue to support this unethical business practice, it'll never change. How many times must we/you get kicked in the nuts before we/you learn?

Here's a quick newsflash.....There are other tuners out there who make products that are just as good and better and LIVE UP TO THEIR AGREEMENTS. ALL THE TIME.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:30 AM
turbo951fan
Racer

[i]

Here's a quick newsflash.....There are other tuners out there who make products that are just as good and better and LIVE UP TO THEIR AGREEMENTS. ALL THE TIME. [/B]
Maybe, maybe not.

Fact is, the people who are still recommending Danno and/or buying from him know exactly what they are doing. Do a quick search or post a question and you know it's a bit of a gamble.

Fact is also, he is still the best and his prices are reasonable. I went through the same as many here and I always got my stuff. OK, maybe one month late, but the car is a moneypit anyway, so letting it sit for one or two weeks saves me some bucks!

I don't think that there is money to be made with 951 modification stuff anyway. He is a nice guy and his intentions are the best.

I hope that I will be able to meet him next spring in SB.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:55 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

danno is a nice guy and in general a great asset to the 951 community, but there are big problems with the way he does business. i ordered my custom chips from him last july, he has been unable to get me a working set of chips since then.

there have been a few delays in between then now because of my having to do various tasks on the car, but the majority of that time has been spent waiting on parts to arrive from guru.

the last email that i sent danno simply said please let me know the status of the last set of chips you promised me, i need to know if you cannot get me a working set of chips so i can order a set from another tuner. i didn't say i wanted a refund or anything like, all i wanted to know was if i should go spend some more money elsewhere.

i've been without my car for over a year now, i've already watched two DEs go by this year that i've been unable to attend because of faulty chips. i'm having a kid later this year, so i probably won't be able to make up for these missed opportunities again for a while, i think i have a right to be frustrated at this point.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:19 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

I'll ask again.............

Is Guru Danno's sole source of income, or does he just do it on the side??

Does anyone know for sure?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:53 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

It is a side job. He mainly does tech related stuff.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:10 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I too was one of the ones caught in the Massive delay a while back. It is frustrating as hell, but you will get your stuff, and the quality will be there. I like Danno, even though I've never spoken to him other than through email. Unfortunately, I don't trust his shipping times or other promises further than I can throw him. I can say that I will deal with Danno again in the future, but I have taken a new protocol for dealing with Guru racing. I need to be assured that the product is ready to ship before my money gets sent. This worked very well for me on our last transaction and we both came away happy.

I hate to say it, but bitching does help; I got bumped down the list because I was waiting patiently instead of posting the "where's my ****!?" thread.

Justin
Old 06-01-2004, 03:11 AM
jyoon
Burning Brakes

i don't see how anyone can be that patient waiting for their stuff. i was seriously gonna order some chips, but i guess i'll get some from vitesse instead, it's not worth the frustration. last time i sent money to a business that others complained about having long delays in getting their orders, the business went bellyup and i lost $1200. most reputable businesses don't charge your credit card until the item is shipped. i don't know why this should be any different.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:15 AM
eastendr
Instructor

How does an order for a MAP 2 + programmer placed on 22 August last year rate in the queue ? The Stage 2 intercooler I ordered from Dave Lindsey the same day arrived 5 days later ....

I've been waiting to get the MAP kit installed and sorted before getting on to the next stage of tune, which I originally thought would be at the end of last summer.

I KNOW that parts I order from Lindesy Racing will arrive within a week here in the UK (they ALWAYS have), so haven't ordered my fuel rail etc yet.

I've been holding on for the GURU products because I believe that they are excellent quality (I'm very please with the v9 chips), but I've lost count of how many times I've been told they're on the way and been let down with delivery.

If the MAP 2 kit doesn't arrive soon, I'll have to look elsewhere. 9 months is too long to wait for any parts that were only expected to take a month at most ...

I know manufacturers can run in to problems with new products - I'm currently waiting to go live production on 5 Windows 2003 servers that I built last December with Service Pack 1 due for release by the end of January.

Microsoft now list SP1 as available from H2 2004 (probably December), so delivery problems can affect any company no matter how large or small.

Where as you would expect (from long past experience) slow communication with Microsoft, and have virtually no alternative supplier, I as a small company, have to keep my customers informed accurately to avoid loosing credibility.

Feedback and delivering what you have promised are critically important to gain and keep customer satisfaction. No matter how good your product is, customers will always find an alternative supplier sooner rather than later.

It's a big world out there ... Getting and keeping customers is not always easy, loosing them is ......
Old 06-01-2004, 11:07 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by eastendr
Where as you would expect (from long past experience) slow communication with Microsoft, and have virtually no alternative supplier, I as a small company, have to keep my customers informed accurately to avoid loosing credibility.

Feedback and delivering what you have promised are critically important to gain and keep customer satisfaction. No matter how good your product is, customers will always find an alternative supplier sooner rather than later.

It's a big world out there ... Getting and keeping customers is not always easy, loosing them is ......
All true in an ideal word, however in this case we MUST compare apples to apples. Comparing Microsoft to Guru is flawed logic. Guru is without question a nitche marketer. Microsoft.......well certainly IS NOT!!!
Now that we know for sure Guru is not danno's sole source of income, we as customers, must accept & deal with that(and all the hassles &/or satisfaction that come with it). However for me personally, the opportunity cost of waiting 3 months for my custom burned chips out weighed getting off the shelf units in a week from another retailer. It IS a big world(how many 951's are floating around in it??) and wouldn't it be swell if someone other than Danno spent as much time & effort(with the passion) as he has developing software for our cars!

Quick Reply: Danno where are You??