Hi Danno

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Danno,

Perhaps you should apply a $100 charge for chip upgrades to previous customers. The charge would be refunded with return of the old chip. It's not quite as intimidating to customers as charging full price (even refundable) for an upgrade. Also, I'm not sure that all those requesting chip upgrades understand that they should return their old chip.

BTW I recently sent my old 15 psi chip back to you, along with my old stock WG.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:36 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll send back the old one, once I will get the new one. I would also pay a remapping fee if that would help getting the chip sooner. I have been waiting for more than one month now. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You could serialize the code on each chip individually and then offer a cheap programmer and UV light setup with the update package. That way you could email out individual updates to the customers (serialized to each customer on the BIN file) and they could reload there own chips with the code. If anyone was stupid enough to leak there own code then it would have there name all over it.

Just an idea, but maybe I give people too much credit in the tech and trustworthiness areas.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have actually been wondering for a while how you do all these chip updates for free. I have no knowledge of the actual process that the chips go through to get updated, but I assume it takes some labor on your part.
At less than 300 bucks, the chips are already the cheapest going. I don't think anyone would mind a small fee to have them updated, just to cover your time.

As far as getting people to send their chips back, why not just require them to be sent in first? It would cost the customer a week of driving but that is better than waiting 2 months because you have nothing in stock.

I think this or the core charge is the only way to motivate people, it is so easy for me to forget about things once I have what I need.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:19 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

danno i wish you had mentioned this to me in email, i have the two sets of chips that you sent me that don't work, i was waiting til we had come up with a working set of chips to send them back to you for convenience sakes. if i'd known it would have made a difference i would have sent them back right away, i'll go ahead and do that tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Frank Holland
Advanced

I've got everything in stock and can ship within 2-3 days.
I do not like these replies when in fact this has been some weeks ago. Danno, I understand that you have some difficulties as you explained in your post, but please reply to my e-mails and do not wait until customers start using the rennlist to get hold of you.
The waiting for the chips + injectors is not the problem. Waiting for a reply from you is!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:50 AM
ken louie
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your problems with your chips but I have a spare wastegate that I would like to send you to get rebuilt can you pls help me out. thanks ken
Old 05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Bump
Old 05-18-2004, 04:49 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this is stupid. Why wouldn't people send back there old chips. Danno makes it simple enough by providing the package and return label. Come on people. It's your own fault that Danno has nothing to work with. He's already got these things selling for dirt cheap, why make him mark everything up for the rest of us? The next time I see a set of these on Ebay without the other components, you'll be getting an email from me.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:57 PM
MachSchnell
Pro

Danno, I don't know if it helps, but while my old 15psi chips are in the car waiting for the 18psi chips, would it help you if I sent you my old Autothority chips? I have no use for them and they seem to bring the monetary equivalent of dung on ebay, so I'd be happy to contribute to the cause if they can be used...
Old 05-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why wouldn't they send them back? Because there's no incentive, other than doing the right thing, and that's just not enough whenyou're doing business long distance. Plus, they can sell the old chip!

Core charges are standard for good reason. No customer who intends to return the chip would balk at paying one. Make it more than the chip would sell for used.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by shaheed
danno i wish you had mentioned this to me in email, i have the two sets of chips that you sent me that don't work, i was waiting til we had come up with a working set of chips to send them back to you for convenience sakes. if i'd known it would have made a difference i would have sent them back right away, i'll go ahead and do that tomorrow.
Dan, same thing here. I just picked up the third DME chip yesterday from the Post Office (Thank you) and put it in today. It idled perfect on position #1 (55# Seimens) and I thought all was well.

I thought I was good to go and went to do a pile of stuff. I accelerated from my driveway and had no power followed by KNOCKING and realized it was not well. Under early acceleration I was over 17 on my PLX wideband and realized I had to park it again. I'll check everthing again tomorrow but it appears the 3rd DME chip is not good either??? I've had enough of it today. I now have three of your DME chips and plan on sending them back. Perhaps all of them as this is past the point of frustration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:10 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Mike, I dont know if your problem is the DME chip, I had some issues to with my 55 lb injectors and map kit. You will have to adjust the fuel settings (sometimes significantly) to get it to run right, I had the same knocking thing under full throttle.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Frank Holland
Advanced

Still no answer from the Guru!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:51 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

"2. everyone pays full price for chip-updates as it it's a new kit. Then are refunded when they return the old one. Increases paperwork and accounting overhead."

Ding, ding, ding! Until people have the integrity to return a "core" on good faith, a core charge is a must.

Quick Reply: Hi Danno