Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ferrodo brake pads? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:28 AM
MildMax951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALSO- there are HUNDREDS of people registered on RL w/944's- I've only gotten responses from ~15 total people- I'm just wondering what it takes to get each of them to post something about their pads experiences- I know that not everyone answers EVERY post, but, I still expected a few more replies- especially since so many of us like to give our own opinions...
Hi Robby, only got my car back from having the brakes done late yesterday afternoon, happy to give my initial feelings.

What was done. New rotors up front, Mintex C-Tech pads (m1144 compound) all round, Goodridge braided brakelines all round, High quality (but not race) brake fluid.

My initial feelings, absolutely amazing. No squeal at low speeds (I had Porsche oem pads and the would squeel at low speeds quite often until you got the opportunity to brake firmly a couple of times) the mintex pads come with stick on anti squeal shims.

they work perfectly with good feel from dead cold ( this morning)
In normal driving (all I've had the chance to do so far). The breaking is so much more reassuring, good initial bite, lighter peddle pressure but no lockup etc in fact what I expected a 951's brakes to feel like.
I realise I had more than one braking component changed so it's difficult to isolate the effects of each one.

I noticed they are available from Lindsey Racing, mine arrived in a mate's suitcase from the UK.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:37 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget KFP and CarboTech makes some good pads as well.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Mainer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I was running the Ferodo 2500's... Got them from GPR as somebody had mentioned before... They are a division of the massive Federal Mogul. http://www.gprparts.com/brands/ferodo/index.asp

Quick Reply: Ferrodo brake pads? Anyone?