Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

cracking the CODE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 12:49 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking cracking the CODE?

is there any way to crack the CODE on a Becker CR-210 (Porsche) stereo? i bought a used (salvaged 911) Becker CR-210 stereo for my 951 - slid it in over the weekend and powered her up only to findout i need the CODE to us eth stereo? woos me - should have known - at least i didn't spend to much on the stereo ($25 bones) - BUT i would like to use it if all possible - simple, lights match the dash lights and it looks good. And of coarse - it says PORSCHE on the face plate!!!

thanks
tom
Old 05-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty cheap all right. What's the story on it? If it isn't hot you should contact Becker.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

it's not "HOT" i hadit checked out - i set Becker a e-mial - haven't heard anything yet! i think due to the fact it is a cassette is the reason for the cheap price - not many flk looking for cassette players (this dosen't even support CD) - it works for me! anyway - why do you want to drown out the BOOOST!

thanks
tom
Old 05-10-2004, 03:58 PM
sailracer
Intermediate

Default CR210

I put that model in my dash for 1 day and pulled it out. You can not read the display. The lcd display angle is wrong for our dash and all you see is a black panel! The code is regestered to the Vin of the car it was removed from it is not referenced to the serial # of the unit.

Good Luck
Chuck Allen
Warehouse Car Stereo Inc.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:13 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

interesting about the angle - at the moment i have not noticed a problem - of course i can only read the numbers across the bottom and the word CODE flashing - well for 25 bones i'll give it a try! u sound like a stereo man - so there is no way to crack the CODE?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:28 PM
sailracer
Intermediate

Default CR 210

Not that i am aware of. If it is in the car that it is regestered to you can call P.O.A. with the Vin and they will give you the code once you convince them that you are the regestered owner.
And yes I have 23 years.
Chuck
Old 05-10-2004, 06:38 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

well - just got a call from Becker North America (nice guys!) - after giving them the serial # and depeting my pocket of 30 bones the CODE is mine - of course i ran right out to give it a try - she's alive!!! thanks for all the help - i've got tunes!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:07 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Sailracer - you might have had a bad CR-210 unit - the frt panel is crystal clear and you can read it from any angle day or night! OH well - thanks for the help!

tom

Quick Reply: cracking the CODE?