Auto Carrier/Transport

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 12:16 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

GWTurboS

Thanks for the advice. I was told by other sources to actually request it on the bottom because of hail storms, low trees, etc. I can also see your point because I thought the same thing. Supposedly they check all of the cars (yeah right) for leaks in order to avoid them ruining other cars beneath. I just hope I luck out and my car does not get damaged in any way. The PO was there when they did the inspection and the driver noted the most minute scratches on the report. The PO also took down the mileage once it was loaded on the truck. Unfortunately they took it on a flatbed from Encinitas to L.A. in order for it to get loaded on the semi. The car should not have but a few tenths of a mile on it when i receive it. Also, the PO asked me to give him a call when the car arrives. The guy that loaded the car said they only use the holes in the frame to anchor the car down. They do not use the suspension pars to do this. I have heard horror stories of this happening.

I will keep you guys posted on journey of my 951.

Michel
Old 05-07-2004, 10:26 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

What ever you do, do NOT use Lone Star Transportation out of Plano, TX, unless you enjoy rebuilding damaged cars and dealing with your insurance agent. They pretty much totally destroyed my 951.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Auto Carrier/Transport