Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My New Toy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The regular testpipe that SFR sells is the same as the Fabspeed one, it's just cheaper. Tim at SFR also makes their own full 3" testpipe which requires their 3" downpipe (the pipe right off the turbo) as well. I picked up the testpipe and a cat from Tim in a group buy we had a couple of months ago and it's very nice. I haven't gotten it installed yet, but hope to very soon. I also got the catback from SFR at the same time and the new muffler must be a bit quieter than the old that everyone complains about as it's not too intrusive at all, but there is a bit of resonance at about 3200 rpm (about 80 on the highway) which is about where I drive. I'm hoping getting the testpipe installed will help with that, if not I'm pretty sure when I have to run the cat on it, it will help more if it's still a problem at all. Idle and full throttle are very nice! Overall I think I'd like the tip a bit shorter and if I get the urge enough I'll cut it, but otherwise I'm very pleased.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:35 PM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pic of 635

sm,

Here is a pic of my 635 (link below)...Too lazy to mow the lawn!

Yes, I have a friend that lives in D.C. who is a Porschephile. He used to own a 944 and is pretty familiar with them, so he will be able to check everything out when it arrives. That is if I can't make the delivery.

Michel

Click below:

http://mail.roadfly.com/Session/7249-PRUVtKf5aCTe35l8hNi6/WebFile/DSC00649.JPG

http://mail.roadfly.com/Session/7257...e/DSC00653.JPG

Last edited by mmm951; 05-04-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

You Michigan guys should be ashamed...you swoop in and steal our best cars, take our women, then use them and send them back all rusty when you're done. Couldn't you at least have taken Chris Webber with you?

Nice car really and welcome to the club...enjoy.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:22 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SFR 3 inch testpipe doesn't require the 3 inch downpipe. There are 2 different testpipes available from SFR, one if you go with a 3 inch downpipe and another one if you keep the stock downpipe.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

I would be really interested to see how the shipping goes. I live in Ohio, and I am considering buying a west coast 951, and I am considering having it shipped. If you dont mind my asking, how much did it cost to have the car shipped? How did you hear of the shipping company that you used?
Your car looks beautiful, and I'm sure it will make you very happy... now if only I could have some good luck!

Thanks for any info you can offer,
Ryan
Old 05-04-2004, 03:42 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Re: Pic of 635

Originally posted by mmm635
sm,

Here is a pic of my 635 (link below)...Too lazy to mow the lawn!

http://members.roadfly.org/mmm635/DSC00648.JPG
http://members.roadfly.org/mmm635/DSC00648.JPG

Great looking car...
Old 05-04-2004, 07:59 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn.....that's a nice 635. Life is not fair.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
gmonsen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michel,

Very nice car. I was looking at it as well and found Bill to be really professional and polite. When you commissioned the PPI he emailed me and told me and said he would let me know if it didn't work out. When you bought it, he emailed me and let me know. Its so unusual today to find someone that is as polite and professional. You got a good car.

Gordon
Old 05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

sm,

Thanks for re-posting the links to those pics and making them work properly. I think I may have figured out how to do it.

gmonsen - Yes indeed! I have never bought a car in the past without actually looking at it or driving it. My gut feeling told me that the way Bill was very accommodating in providing me with pics and information, led me to believe that this is a good car. The PPI further reinforced that feeling. His demeanor throughout the process was not of one that would try and hide information about the car because I was 2,000 miles away. It also led me to believe he actually took care of the car inside and out. I am assuming he sent you and onewhippedlittlepuppy more pics of the interior/exterior. If not, I can post a couple. I was going to wait until I received the car and take a bunch of shots and post them.

People like that are hard to find. I hope onewhippedlittlepuppy when you find a good 951, you experience the same kind of person.

My 635 is going to be jealous over the next few months because all of my attention will be directed toward the 951.

The transformation begins....

Michel

Michel
Old 05-05-2004, 12:22 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I totally agree with you guys about Bill, he was always prompt and honest in his responses, I felt very good overall about the car. I was send lot of pictues Mike, you are a very lucky man. He informed me that the car was getting a PPI Monday, and shortly after you started this thread, I recieved an email thanking me for my interest and stating that the car had sold. It's people like him that make Porsche ownership about more than just the cars. If the 635 gets jealous, you could send it my way, I'd be more than happy to give it some lovin'! What's it like to drive? I've always been curious, as I love the looks.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:27 PM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default onewhippedlittlepuppy

The 635 is more of an Autobahn Cruiser. It is very stable at high speeds due to it being pretty heavy (Sport Package). It is not very fast off the line, but it was not intended to be a sprint car. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely start with an M6 because you are starting with 286hp instead of 187hp. I love the car for what it was intended to be - a cruiser. The one thing I love about BMW's are the supportive seats. The seats in this car (sport seats) are much more supportive and bolster you in more than the seats in my brother's 996TT. All of the BMW's I have owned have had the best seats.
I have truly enjoyed the car over the years and it is relatively easy to work on. It has allot of room in the engine bay so you don't have to perform all kinds of acrobatics for a simple thing like an oil change.

Michel

Quick Reply: My New Toy!