Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cliff, can't wait to see the review.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

I'm the rennlister who drove the car in ohio yesterday. I wrote write up that was about a page long, but rennlist bounced it because my picture was too big. Needless to say my write up was lost and i was pretty honked off. I guess Ill just post a couple pictures and if there is some interest I will answer specific questions. Let me just say that it is definitely one of the nicest 100k mile cars that I've driven, and despite some minor flaws, the respray looks really nice. There were a few small cosmetic issues, but the car seemed well taken care of and VERY clean. It drove straight, and had pleanty of power. Anyway, my other write up was more indepth, but if anyone would like to know more, I will try my best to answer.
Thanks for your time Cliff, it was fun to drive a well behaved 951 again.

-Ryan Miles
Old 05-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Here is the first pic... Im sorry that the quality sucks. the pictures were huge and excellent quality, but this was the only way i could get them to post... If anyone else has any tips about hopw to shrink pics while preserving some quality I would love to hear it... otherwise i can e-mail better quality to interested parties.

-Ryan
Old 05-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

these pics dont really do the car justice, so Im not going to post any more until i can find out how to make them look better....Im using Photo Impact, and I probably just do not have enough experience
Old 05-12-2004, 02:45 PM
richbob
Advanced

So, Cliff, can you give us a little more information on your car? I am also looking for a 951, and your's looks pretty close to what I want.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

I am pretty straight up when it comes to selling and buying stuff and being honest is just part of who I am. I bought the car last year had always wanted a 951 and took the plunge and did it. I bought it from a guy in his 60's he was the 2nd owner of the car and owned it for the last ten years. He just was not driving it any more and was looking at a BMW. Has one of those custom car covers and he kept it covered when not driving it in a garage.

I have all the records from when it was new excipt the last few years but he did not drive it much. The belt and all related parts were changed at 96K, I had Steinels in Cleveland install a new clutch and all related parts and so on in October of 03. I also had Steinels check all the belts and retension the the main belts. Also the front control arms were done before we bought it. PO was a stickler for keeping the car in top shape. I even found a recipt for having the clock fixed. I might have let that go and just wore a watch or who cares what time it is. But he was one to fix it right. I have kept the same schedule with keeping the car as nice as possible. I had a ground problem and got that taken care of and added a new Battery and what ever it needed I got it. No sense in owning a Porsche if a person is going to just let it go to hell.

I added the Mila Cup wheels and some Kumo tires from Tire Rack a few months ago and it would be safe to say they have maybe 600 miles on them. Interior is clean and soft no tears and I did have some stitiching coming un done and had both front seats removed and restitched.
Ryans pictures do not show the car very well.
Car has been painted not sure why some would think it has less value because of this. Car is looks great and has been well taken car off.

This car does have the low oil level sensor and the light is on I have the new sending unit on the kitchen counter and am waiting for a new gasket that did not come with it for some reason. Other then that car is the nicest 951 I have seen and driven good thing about Ryan driving it is now you have a fellow Rennlister who can vouch for me saying it is a very nice car.

I am only selling it to move up to a bigger boat. I am not to sure I am making the right decsion about selling becaues it is such a beautiful car.

I can be reached at 419 423 1969 or cliffr@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Ryan glad you got to see it

Cliff
Old 05-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Hey cliff, how big is your e-mail box? I can send you some really good pics of the car, but they are large. If you want, I will e-mail them to you and you can distribute them. In better resolution they look great.

-ryan
Old 05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Try it I have DSL and they should come through.

Thanks Cliff
Old 05-13-2004, 07:56 AM
richbob
Advanced

Sounds great - only thing I don't see is the asking price...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

$12000.00 Plus this is some stuff I forgot to mention Front control arms have been replaced 12 disc cd changer and I am sure some other stuff I have forgotten.

Cliff 88 951
Old 05-14-2004, 12:38 AM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by boostaholic
Pick me! Pick me!

Seriously my 951 is for sale, Im looking for 7,999 but I have all recepits and it needs nothing. That 2k can go to mods instead of repairs.
Anyone have contact info for boostaholic (Evan?)? PM's don't seem to work and the forum board thingie says he isn't accepting e/mails from this board.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 951!