944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 Wastegates

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004 | 02:02 AM
NZ951
Race Director

EDIT: Ok they have taken my name off their site now. What an completly bizarre thing to do. They first offered me 50 for the WG by the way...
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:26 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i also have a wastegate stock one if Chris hasn't told you yet
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:47 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Lindsey Racing was involved in a much-celebrated flame war several years ago on the mailing list (involving one of our current rennlist tuners if I recall). They got so upset they left in a huff, declaring that rennlist would have to live without them. Their departure made John Anderson's rant seem balanced and well-reasoned. It would not surprise me if they didn't want to be seen in public at rennlist.
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:52 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Ahhh hence the random guy posting in their place? Kind of sneaky FBI meets CIA undercover styles. Kind of pisses me off they use this guy to request parts for LR, they clearly dont want to be identified, and we have Tim and Danno paying for the site. Hard to swallow. I guess thats why they wanted their name a secret.

PS I didnt know about the flame war... interesting to know. LMAO now they are back in this way. Maybe they cant live without Rennlist.
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:53 AM
stewardx
Instructor

Default burning bridges

http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...y_Code=NEWPROD

read first line on new product page link above.

Lets get some facts straight here. For one the deal we made was done in discussion via e-mail and agreed upon term on friday april 23 at 12:05a.m. central standard time. An e-mail was sent the following morning from lindsey racing. I recieve an e-mail stating from you you didn't get an e-mail today and that all it said, The e-mail didn't say anything about lindseyracing.com was not in the address and he would need one from that address. so the next morning on saturday i told Dave you didn't get an e-mail from him so he sent it again not knowing that the problem with the e-mail was it didn't have lindseyracing.com.. A simple e-mail stating the problem or even a phone call would had comfirmed any problem you had, but as it set know you have rubbed are name in the mud saying our business doesn't know what there doing. Thus broken are agreement and Lindsey Racing will not be conducting any more business with you Now or in the Future. Thank you.
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:00 AM
NZ951
Race Director

lol

Oh no, no more split vac hose, wrong parts, and no parts at all. I will be gutted. I will get my work emails tomorrow if you like showing at least three times where I asked for the @LR address. THREE TIMES! You guys are morons, seriously, go away or become a site sponsor. I ended up trading them for parts as the money offer was so bad, they agreed to that and then had such poor communication skills, I would never touch LR with a 5000km pole. THREE TIMES! you idiot.
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:02 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Yeah you guys referred to my name and country in that first line of that page before. You hae since removed it but I saved the page on my PC. You guys are so unprofessional its scary. Keep pissing me off, I love it.
Old 04-26-2004 | 08:35 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmm. That was a very rude e-mail from the guys at Lindsey, wasn't it? I just made up a list of things to get from Lindsey, but I really don't feel like placing an order with them after reading this. Looks like I can get most of the stuff from other vendors. Was this post really from Lindsey? Hope this is not their PR-guy

Too bad.
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:08 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Default Re: burning bridges

Originally posted by stewardx
http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...y_Code=NEWPROD

read first line on new product page link above.

Lets get some facts straight here. For one the deal we made was done in discussion via e-mail and agreed upon term on friday april 23 at 12:05a.m. central standard time. An e-mail was sent the following morning from lindsey racing. I recieve an e-mail stating from you you didn't get an e-mail today and that all it said, The e-mail didn't say anything about lindseyracing.com was not in the address and he would need one from that address. so the next morning on saturday i told Dave you didn't get an e-mail from him so he sent it again not knowing that the problem with the e-mail was it didn't have lindseyracing.com.. A simple e-mail stating the problem or even a phone call would had comfirmed any problem you had, but as it set know you have rubbed are name in the mud saying our business doesn't know what there doing. Thus broken are agreement and Lindsey Racing will not be conducting any more business with you Now or in the Future. Thank you.

Are you working for Lindsey? Looks like it, otherwise how would you be able to make decisions on their behalf.
I have to agree with NZ951, you guys seem to have real problems, either mentally or business wise.
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:21 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Default Re: Re: burning bridges

Originally posted by turbo951fan
Are you working for Lindsey? Looks like it, otherwise how would you be able to make decisions on their behalf.
I have to agree with NZ951, you guys seem to have real problems, either mentally or business wise.
How so?

NZ had some problems with communicating with LR... From what I can tell in talking with NZ and LR, it was a misunderstanding gone bad... okay really bad...

Does that mean NZ is a terrible person? No
Does that mean LR is a crooked company? No

Not sure why LR is all of a sudden a bad company...

I don't have any affiliation with LR, nor am I trying to tell you what to think... I just don't think a misunderstanding is grounds to judge a company (or a person for that matter) either good or bad.
Old 04-26-2004 | 03:56 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Default Re: Re: Re: burning bridges

Originally posted by cpt_koolbeenz
How so?

NZ had some problems with communicating with LR... From what I can tell in talking with NZ and LR, it was a misunderstanding gone bad... okay really bad...

Does that mean NZ is a terrible person? No
Does that mean LR is a crooked company? No

Not sure why LR is all of a sudden a bad company...

I don't have any affiliation with LR, nor am I trying to tell you what to think... I just don't think a misunderstanding is grounds to judge a company (or a person for that matter) either good or bad.

The above post from lindsey is absolutely childish. How can a business put customers on a blacklist ???

I had emails sent to them which I didn't get a reply. They don't like to be criticized. And posting on a public forum under a different name makes them mentally unstable anyway. Nothing to defend there in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:15 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I've never done business with them as everything they sell can be found elsewhere for usally cheaper. But I have never heard of them conducting business like that though, fairly un professional.
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:40 PM
NZ951
Race Director

This was a few days ago when we made the deal

Andrew Cooper wrote:

Sounds fair to me. I just require an email from a LindseyRacing email address please to confirm it. Once I get that email (just for piece of mind)...

Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 23 April 2004 11:56 a.m.
To: Andrew Cooper
Subject: RE: Factory wastegate that is...

Then we have a deal. I will have dave send you an e-mail first thing in the morning. Thank You

----- Original Message -----
To: David Lindsey
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 2:52 PM
Subject: Wastegate buying

Hello,

Can you please confirm that John W Steward (an employee of yours from my understanding) has made the following deal with me. I asked for an email from you to confirm the deal, but did not get an @lindseyracing.com address in reply so I am suspicious.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 26 April 2004 11:05 a.m.
To: Andrew Cooper
Subject: Re: Wastegate buying

It's fine. I approved the deal.

Dave

To: David Lindsey
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 6:12 PM
Subject: RE: Wastegate buying

Dave, sorry to be a pain but here is the situation, a guy with no posting history posts on a forum asking for WG's. I sort out a deal and he says to send it first before the deal can proceed. Ok, I ask for confirmation from the business (as I have no idea who this guy is) and I get an email from a generic address (ie not the @lindseyracing address which he could not fake easily). Again, I just want an email from the @linsdeyracing address before I will send my WG across the world. I don't think that too big an ask given all the crooks out there.

And after that still no explaination of the deal being legitimate from a LR.com address only that generic internet dial up address in reply! Where there is David Lindsey, it is the ionet email, which is also different from the other guys email provider. I said in my first email I wanted a lindseyracing email... That was the focus of my correspondence with them ever since to try and confirm everything!

People say there are two sides, well there are the sides... all of them, you decide. By the way, there were some mean ones in between which I did not post.
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:51 PM
NZ951
Race Director

How should I make my complaint? Please refer to the emails I wrote to try and clear this up... many times. I am not going to call the US from NZ to confirm an order, thats why there are businesses based on the internet, to reduce transaction processing costs.

Either way, someone effectively posing for LR, and not saying they are, after LR denounced their involvement with Rennlist, then trying to squeeze some benefit out of it through this handle is poor form. What are sponsor fees? USD25 a month? Maybe John D does not want them for a sponsor, he is particular afterall.
Old 04-26-2004 | 06:21 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Paul, you know nothing about this, say you dont want to get involved, then you do. Its not my inability to communitcate, its theres, you can see that in the emails. I logged onto Renlist to warn people, or did you not read that either? You responses are childish, and ill informed. It was a trade, they were not buying it from me, I was swapping it for product, there is no onus on me, more ill informed comments from you... keep going. You say thats not how I should make a complaint, then dont have an appropriate way... geez.

Quick Reply: 951 Wastegates