streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Let this whole thing go away.......
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do have a 1-800 number... A quick email to davelindsey@LR.com cleared it up for me in about 10 minutes...
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

My IQ is ten points lower now that I read this.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

That good huh Dirk!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:59 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by cpt_koolbeenz
A quick email to davelindsey@LR.com cleared it up for me in about 10 minutes...
You think? I DID SEND ONE THERE on the 26th! I never got a reply from that address... more to the confusion.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:07 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

But if you send it to that address doesn't it follow that it is then valid because you got a response? A fake would have to go through a lot of work to hack in to Dave's email account to get your email and then reply with a different address...

Not sure why you needed one from an @LR.com address if you sent one to an @LR.com address and got a reply (obviously pertaining to your email to the @LR.com address)...

Again, they do have a 1-800 number...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Oh well...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:49 PM
87Porsche951
Instructor

I have noticed a pattern on Rennlist...

The pattern is people who buy products from tuners have nothing but great things to say about them but as soon as someone posts a problem all of a sudden the same tuner peopel where praising, all of a sudden is redflagged.

I dont understand somethings that happen on here.

DO peopel just like to complain that much?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:03 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Andrew:

You can get more than $50 bucks on ebay anyway. A good stock wastegate is worth $100 to 200. Cheaper stuff is usually garbage. I am on your side, people in the US would NEVER send a product to ANYBODY without prepayment. Do that next time and you are fine. In regards to Lindsey and the defendends here. That's not the way to deal with customers and rennlist is here to show those people what they cannot do. No need to defend bad business practise. As I said I had emails not being replied by Lindsey, they have changed and what happened to Andrew just confirms it. More to follow in the future in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:30 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I sent them an email trying to sell mine and I never heard back. This is disappointing as I was considering their MAF as a future upgrade. Probably just a mixup though and people may have gotten out of hand.

Andrew, I can understand your caution as there are alot of scams going around on the Web involving classifieds and dealing with people from foreign countries. I have actually been approach on classifieds by scam artists. At first glance, this person could have been a scam artist trying to use LR's good name to get a bunch of free WGs.

I think you and LR need to apologize to each other as you are both have a goal in common...DAMN FAST 951s!!! It does appear to be some miscommunication and pointing fingers is a waste of time. It doesn't appear that anyone was caused irreperable harm.

This will be my last post on this subject...I hope it works out for everyone as Dave has been helpful to me in the past and NZ951 is a true enthusiast.

Max
Old 04-26-2004, 08:47 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: burning bridges

Just from a consumer's aspect, I for one will not do any business with any company who's representatives sit on a web forum and squabble back and forth with a customer or potential customer. In my opinion, a company is better off to not respond to these types of issues, work the problem out behind closed doors with the customer, and move on. Usually when it is worked out, the pissed off customer will post that there was just miscommunication and everything is cool now. Instead, now lindsey racing looks like an *** because of the response from their rep. I use to recommend their vacuum line updates to everyone on here, but now I think that Myswiss will get all my referrals. How many times does Ian from 944online com on here and squabble.....never. Usually for every one person who says something bad about a company on here, there is another who says something good about them, so fear of "rubbing a company's name in the mud" really doesn't apply if your customer service is respectable. Well....with the exception of Automobile Atlanta, but I won't go there. I for one got great service from Dave when i updated my vacuum lines, so Dave, maybe you should look into some better help.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris, I did not get a reply from the LR.com address, thats the point. And my questions in that email I sent to the LR.com were not addressed at all. Leading me to believe they did not get it.

Anyways, I dont think there is much point in continuing the thread, take it for whats its worth.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:23 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

I sent my beat-up WG to them (didn't even have top nipple)... got $90.
He called me to tell me he got it, and the next day I had a check...

Fast and simple!

Quick Reply: 951 Wastegates