Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Installed waste gate shims today to make it so that I can hold 15 psi. Still can't.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:42 AM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went down the same path. I got my Guru chips last year and was happy with the boost levels my un-shimmed wastegate would give me. This winter I went through the whole car with new hoses, vacuum lines, and bypassed the CV and was still getting 15lbs (with a few more turns on the Reliaboost) when I finished.

Last week I took the car out and could barely touch 14lbs. I screwed the Relaiboost all the way in and even clamped the line - still 14lbs. So I checked all hoses clamps etc and no improvement and no signs of leaking boost.

I decided to try to put the shims in that came with the Guru chips and basically broke the wastegate out of the car - it looked as if it had never been touched before. Danno cross-shipped one of his units and everything is fine. 18lbs now if I want it. Its got me thinking about new chips and injectors to handle it.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:40 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Just an update, I bypassed the cv completely and it holds, at least til 5 grand which is as high as I went. No dropping off at all or spiking. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: Installed waste gate shims today to make it so that I can hold 15 psi. Still can't.