Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

whoosh sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004 | 11:17 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

oooooooh - now THAT is probably the answer. nice thinkin...
Old 03-31-2004 | 11:34 PM
NZ951
Race Director

msaturbo - I think you should change the frown on your thread to a huge smile!!! Woooosh sound is good.
Old 04-01-2004 | 12:24 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

woooosh sound is very good
Old 04-01-2004 | 01:18 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Okay...in answer to your questions/comments

How did I do it? Easy....LightWave!!!! I'm hoping to do some really nice ones and make posters for sale soon....and maybe t-shirts and mugs. Customized posters of a specific car will have to see what the costs are to make a single poster (although I'm sure some people might want one of certain cars on here......). I'll probably also toss up some free wallpapers and animations as well. Both the car and the spoiler are completely computer generated. Right now (in triangles) the car, wheels and tires are about 1 million triangles. That's a pretty good amount!

As for backgrounds, finish the model first, then come the backgrounds. In this included image you can see the beginning of one of my backgrounds. There will be trees and a nice guardrail and it will be blurred as if you are in a chase car following the 951 up the road. I'm also hunting for good real location shots to composite the car into as well, but I have several great ideas for totally CG shots to which I'm working on the backgrounds at my day job since the 951 is too bulky to easily send back and forth from home to work.

What does your car look like again, porshhhh951?

No photoshop involved at all.....it's a true 3d model....zeros and ones in binary, coordinates and surfacing information for rendering if you look in closer

ok - spill!!! how'd you do it? (and...you knew this was coming...) wanna do one for me?!

I need to know turbo944!!!!!!!!! I took the ruined plastic tray thing off...

turbo944:

Considering how perfect your model is...
don't you think you owe it to yourself to put a decent background in one of these pics?

Dammit andrew. You are so on the hook now for a model of my car. Please I will send you a cd out when I send 87Porsche951's cd out. Deal????

I can send you a pic. pretty pretty please!

I wonder if turbo944 photoshoped the spoiler!!!! Bastard.
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2004 | 01:35 AM
westcoastprshe
Instructor

Model looks awesome... my only comments are:

that the little notch at the top rear edge of the door is too sharp. compare to this picture: http://www.kolumbus.fi/rantanen.vesa/944/kuvat/006.jpg Yours is a little too angular.
Old 04-01-2004 | 01:41 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Thanks!!!

And thank you for noticing....it looks pretty sharp in a few pics I have (well over 1000 944 images now ) but yes, after looking it over again, it should be a bit less harsh.... As this model is built with subpatches right now, that's about a 2 minute fix! I like subpatches.....

I think I see one or two other quick tweaks I need to make as well.....I won't say what they are though....
Old 04-01-2004 | 01:43 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Less detailed, but the rear seems to high... maybe I just have never seen it from tha angle.
Old 04-01-2004 | 01:52 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Ha....you caught one of them....you should be able to see a bit more "dark stuff" (bottom of the spare tire area, etc.) under the back of the car right behind the rear wheels. I have it built but it's not yet been added to that test model. However the actual height of things should be spot on. I'm comparing a pretty nice image of a 951 at virtually the same angle and very close on the zoom level to the image I'm rendering.

And now...I'm going to go to bed or I'll be up all night fiddling with it!
Old 04-01-2004 | 04:45 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

First: Whoosh sound is good.

Second: That model is so sweet!!
Incredible details! Just a few minor things, when looking at a 951/S2 straight from the side is it really possible to actually see the lights in the front bumber? And the side mirrors are a bit tall.

Keep the pics coming!
Old 04-01-2004 | 04:53 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I am often up all night fiddling wth it.

Sorry, could not help myself.
Old 04-01-2004 | 10:02 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

NZ951....all I can say is......ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke,
Thanks! It's getting close Yes....this particular view of the 951/S2 is nearly (getting close to) orthographic (ie a flat side image/drawing near blueprint style side elevation) so with the curvature of the front bumper cover, yes you should be able to see those lights. Good call...most of the time you wouldn't have your camera zoom set that high and be far enough from your car to see them in that manner.

LOL....I had them taller I think they are fairly close....I'll double check them again. Much flatter and they'll be racing mirrors!

Got lots more coming down the road! I need to add my rear sidemarkers and it should be ready to render both US and Euro versions. Then I can set final wheel placement with camber, add the Porsche lettering on the calipers, and finish up my backgrounds. Then I can start rendering the good stuff while I'm working on the NA version and other cool details for the car.

Originally posted by Duke
Second: That model is so sweet!!
Incredible details! Just a few minor things, when looking at a 951/S2 straight from the side is it really possible to actually see the lights in the front bumber? And the side mirrors are a bit tall.

Keep the pics coming!
Old 04-01-2004 | 03:03 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

whoosh? mine sounds more like a whistle, kinda like a semi truck

Quick Reply: whoosh sound