Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: Someone vandalized my pcar!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OT: Someone vandalized my pcar!

Well, got off of work to find 2 broken taillights and a big 8 inch long key scratch on my left front fender. Filed a police report, but I dont think theres a lot they can do. Weird thing was that this car drove by my house about 3-4 times and seemed to slow down a bit as it passed by. When it came by the last time i hopped in my civic and caught up to them. I got the plates and told the officer when he came. Car is registered to a kid at my school. I'm really hoping that something can be done, but it could just be a coincidence that he was driving by 3 or 4 times. Anyhow, it seems that just 1 lense on each taillight is broken. Can just the lense be replaced?
Old 03-25-2004, 10:08 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Argh!!!!! Not really a lot they can do unless you witnessed them in the act unfortunately.

You might check with Lead Foot 944 doing all these new taillight lenses, he might have some of the originals that you could glue back on or something. Otherwise someone on the NA board was posting about taillights for sale....
Old 03-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

How well do you know the kids? Are you or any of your friends, friends with them? You might ask them or your friends if they saw it or if they are good people. From there at least you have an idea if they saw anything, if they did, that would help in find out who did it and getting cash for your car!! If you find out that they are the trouble makers, well, I would make sure that they need even look at my car again after I was done with their car, but that is just me. Plus I won't do anything in a public place like they or who ever did. I LOVE my car and always have been a car person, so I take something like that VERY personal. Let's just put it this way, after I was done with there car, it would have 4 flats, keyed and super glue in all the locks.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:14 PM
z3bra
Racer

Nah, if you're doing locks you want to use Epoxy or JB Weld or the like, Superglue dissolves too easily with solvents and doesn't fill the lock cavity preventing the application of said solvents like Epoxy does.

But that said, what you're looking for here is subtlety, instead of epoxying the vandal's door locks, epoxy his gas tank lock if he has one. Your locks being epoxyied will strand you wherever the car is when the dirty deed is done whereas the gas tank lock will strand you wherever you happen to be when you need to fill up and chances are if it's another kid he'll be running on fumes when he decides to fill up. Other nice little tricks that are more involved would be draining transmission oil if it's a manual transmission since that generally won't trigger any idiot lights unlike draining engine oil.

Be creative and the sneakier you can be the better.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Epoxy windshield wipers.....let some air out of the tires and do the caps on the covers, etc. too....

But in this case some kids driving around doesn't mean they are the culprits and until you'd know for sure.....it could only cause more problems.....

BTW.....always have a lookout and getaway handy.....
Old 03-25-2004, 03:03 PM
z3bra
Racer

Yeah if you're going to resort to being a complete bastard, make sure the person you're doing that stuff to is actually the responsible party, otherwise the debt you incur with karma can be bad for you down the road.

And definitely a good lookout/getaway and most importantly, rock solid alibi are important too. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, look both ways before crossing the street etc. Seriously though on the lookout perspective, two-way radios with headseats could prove quite invaluable. Just make sure you get good ones, I forget the name of the FCC class offhand but the next step up from the ones like the cheap Motorola talkabout type radios are a good deal, 5 mile range vs 1 mile and not a whole lot more money. You're supposed to register with the FCC after you buy them but I think it's pretty safe to say most people don't. Sure your lookouts won't be 5 miles away but you want to make sure you can get anything they try to send or it's all for naught.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:36 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuc*ing with a mans automobile is against the rules...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Wow, lol, thos eare some nice ideas but I'd rather find out who did it and just make them pay to fix it. I'd probably only do something back if it was riced out. I always thought of going on an altezza bashing spree, but kinda never had the ***** to actually do it. But with a 250 deductible for insurance, I'm not sure if it's worth reporting. I going to get an estimate on repainting the fender, but would insurance go with new tails or would they price out some from a junkyard? If they price new ones, im sure they arnt cheap from the dealer. I could use that and buy used tails and put the rest into my clutch fund.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

I also know of a kid who had some new Trans Am and was very cocky. Someone cut his brake lines and the kid crashed it and totaled it. I think that's going a little too far because it could hurt other people.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:57 PM
facboy
Burning Brakes

yeah i dunno man. i mean, i'd be pissed too, but why stoop to their level? also like the others said, if you are going to be a bastard, make sure you've got the right person. after all, maybe the kid slowed down b/c he's a 951 fan.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Originally posted by facboy
yeah i dunno man. i mean, i'd be pissed too, but why stoop to their level? also like the others said, if you are going to be a bastard, make sure you've got the right person. after all, maybe the kid slowed down b/c he's a 951 fan.
Yep, I'd hate to do it to the wrong person. I have a real hard time trying to be a bastard to someone who doesn't deserve it.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I'd probably **** myself if I saw my car like that. And if I found out who did it, they WILL regret it!
~Eyal
Old 03-26-2004, 01:22 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Amen to that... I'm not violent except when it involves my family, my girlfriend, my best friends, or my baby Lorelei!

I sympathize for you! Best of luck to you on your quest to find the culprit!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:36 AM
meangreen
Advanced

Default Super Glue and Lunch Meat

Howdy,
If it comes to dirty tricks, the old super glue smeared onto a round slice of Baloney and placed onto the headlights works very well.

A nice road kill animal picked up, tied and hung in the front door works pretty well too.

Sorry to hear about your whip, there is always some jack @ss out there.

Drive On,
MeanGreen
Old 03-26-2004, 06:03 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

There are certain rules men abide by.
#1 you don't **** with another man's money(i.e. livelyhood)
#2 you don't **** with another man's girl(i.e. gf/wife)
#3 you don't **** with another man's automobile

under no circumstances do you violate the rules of being a man. These guy's(whoever did this) obviously are chicken **** punk's. But, by no mean's would you want to scoop to their level. You would become a punk yourself. I am glad to hear you are handling this in a adult manner. Get the car fixed and leason learned always put your car in the garage and if you can't for some reason put a car cover on it and make sure you park where you can atleast hear if something were going on. Not to mention you would always hear the alarm sounding when they did it. Even though you couldn't stop it from happening you could at least see who it was and handle the situation accordingly.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and best of luck to you getting her fixed.

Quick Reply: OT: Someone vandalized my pcar!