Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

what do ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:40 AM
ian kam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do ya think?

my link to my home page has a new pic of my engine almost done let me know what ya guys think on the overall look and anything else ya may think would look good? Also anyone else have the vitesse Stage 2 kit does the metal J pipe rest on the alternater?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:56 AM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Looks great Ian did a great job. How are those big reds? What kind of pads are you useing? Will you get around to getting it dyno?
Old 03-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks great! Did you paint the black parts or powder coat?

I helped install jwl's Vitesse Stage II and we had to take the back of the alternator off and move the top wire down a little. The inlet hose to the turbo hit but I don't remember the pipe hitting the alternator.

BTW, jwl (with a small exhaust leak) on 93 octane and 15 psi, put down 314/308 on his first ever dyno pull. The exhaust leak is repaired and I think he intends to go back this week for another 15, 17, and 18 psi runs, all on race gas.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:03 AM
AlexE
Pro

Woooo Hooo ...

Looks great Ian.....

I guess we will have to run both our Stage2's against each other and see how we stack up.

It is a tight fit but I had more trouble with the lights hitting the air filter more than anything.......
Old 03-20-2004, 11:52 AM
ian kam
Racer

I powder coatedmost of the parts incuding the intake manifold and cam cover. The metal J tube rests on the top of the alternator...maybe the placemant of it for the tightness of belt is making it sit higher. I cant see the turbo sitting at a angle it seams to be sitting flush on base and tightened up well. Alex it is a very tight fit for the air cleaner I'm going to make small adjustments to see if I can get it to fit better. I may cut a sliver off the j tube to bring the air filter back a little. PK951 the big reds are on I have to put the pads in yet and awaiting on kenesis to return my rims had to be rebuilt due to offset problems to fit big reds. An extra cost theat sucks but has to be done. The pads are orange Im told they could be loud for street use but we will see. I must admitt I cant wait to start this car My fear is I will have a oil leak somewhere or head gasket wont seal well. As I said before I tourqed it following clarks garage instructions but my degree gauge rotating slightly on me at times so I sure hope this is no big deal. I probably worrying over nothing but I enjoy when things go together perfectly I hate when little snags stick in your mind and make ya second guess!!! Tonight I tackle the new braides fuel lines and wire hook up for dme hook up(stage 2 kit)
Old 03-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see is this helps on the SMT hookup.

Old 03-20-2004, 04:02 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Ian.. absolutely gorgeous! Great job on all that. Your intercooler piping and MAF make me jealous. The whole black and blue colors really look clean and slick... very nice!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
ian kam
Racer

well thanks for all the kind words always nice from your peers. I'll post more when everything is done maybe a week or 2.

Quick Reply: what do ya think?