Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can someone help analyze my Datalog

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 02:39 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help analyze my Datalog *Update* new run up

Hey I finally got the Datalog running for the regular ComLink from the AFMLink/SeriaLink. Still trying to figure out how to use CPT's program. But anyway. Had a couple runs today, logged the results and put one run (the one I thought was most thorough in the RPM range) in an extensive Excel spreadsheet that I peiced together from several other Rennlister's sheets.

Right-click save-as: http://mmmattc.tripod.com/Run_3.xls

Can someone help me out and point out the spots that I would need adjustments in (if any). And if I would need to adjust or add anything to the spreadsheet. I want to make it pretty universal so I can just import and it'll do everything for me but that's pretty hard considering each run never uses the exact same number of cells.

Some things confuse me such as the A/F ratio in the first gear pull. The other gears look fine especially 3rd but it still seems a little off from optimal...

Trying to get things tuned before sticking her on the dyno!

Thanks alot!

EDIT: Right-click save-as: http://mmmattc.tripod.com/Run_2.xls
This is a run that I made on that same day, mostly just a 3rd gear pull...just up for more things to look at and weigh between, thanks alot

Last edited by p0wp0w; 03-21-2004 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Good work with the spreadsheet!
I see you calculate the scaled AFM from the OXY input meaning it's narrowband, right?

One very cool thing about the AFMLink I haven't thought about before is that you can datalog the turbo lag

I think your A/F values look very consistent, which is very good!
But you A/F target should not be 12.5 unless your on boost.
As long as there's vacuum you should definatly be leaner, at least around 13.5. That will reduce spool up!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To get consistent results from the standard O2-sensor, you need to heat it up consistently. So do two full-throttle runs first, then datalog the 3rd run. Or datalog all three and just cut out the earlier runs.

Also when doing multiple gears, slow down and start each gear at the same point, like 2000rpm.

Due to the mechanical boost-control, you'll end up with different boost-pressures, thus the DME will look up different cells on the chip maps based upon manifold-pressure. Usually 1st & 2nd gears will be below 15psi, so you'll want to adjust the 800-row zones. Then 3rd typically straddles the 800 & 900 zones. Fourth & 5th gears will typically see 15psi+, so all adjustments there will be in the 900-row zones. In effect, what you're adjusting and optimizing is multiple boost-levels.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:59 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

Duke: when you look at the values in 1st gear while the turbo spools up, some times it shows values as high as 19-20, is this normal? or just because it is a narrowband it might wander..

Danno: thanks I'll do it that way today. Also how do you adjust the Reliaboost? I searched and what I got was that I needed to turn the knurled **** facing the wastegate, but when I tried that with my hands it wouldnt budge..do I just have to try harder? I want to make use of the 18 PSI chips. Oh and your return stuff will be on its way soon, I need to cut the new AFM bypass pipe down because it is too long...

thanks again guys!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I needed to turn the knurled **** facing the wastegate, but when I tried that with my hands it wouldnt budge.."

You have to unlock the thin lock-ring on the end of the ReliaBoost. Here's the latest instructions on installing and adjusting it: GURU-ReliaBoost1.pdf. One thing to be aware of is if you re-use the stock hard-lines under the intake-manifold to send pressure to the wastegate, that you have to remove and cap off the return line as well. That's the hose that goes from the hard-line to the J-boot before the turbo. Cap off the hard-line under the intake and plug the hole in the J-boot. This prevents the stock CV-cycling valve from trying to control boost and causing spikes.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:54 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

thanks danno I'll try it tomorrow. I already capped off the CV stuff.

anyone else want to help analyze? Should I make the zones before spool up leaner to make them closer to 13.5 or would that be pushing it..?

Thanks alot
Old 03-21-2004, 03:19 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

new run posted, file is in the first post. thanks!

Quick Reply: Can someone help analyze my Datalog