Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB Used go fast parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:36 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Used go fast parts

As the post says. Looking to upgrade my 87 951. Its bone stock at the moment. Chip/Turbo/a tune. Something along those lines. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:31 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Thejetman
As the post says. Looking to upgrade my 87 951. Its bone stock at the moment. Chip/Turbo/a tune. Something along those lines. Thanks.
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-trim-6-a.html

K27/8 7200 turbo for sale needs rebuild and Vitesse Racing Stage 2 ( early model) compressor side only, rebuilt needed also.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Thejetman
AutoX

Originally Posted by shortyboy
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-trim-6-a.html

K27/8 7200 turbo for sale needs rebuild and Vitesse Racing Stage 2 ( early model) compressor side only, rebuilt needed also.
Where can you source the rebuild parts at?
Old 10-11-2019, 11:43 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Where can you source the rebuild parts at?
Unsure where one would source the rebuild kit. Most here use an experience turbo rebuilder to make sure wheel is balanced. Many here have used Charlie at https://www.evergreenturbo.com/ . Ive personally had Tim build me a turbo https://www.timsturbos.com/. Roughly $400+ for rebuild and balancing. Letting go turbos for $450 shipped.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would recommend better stopping and suspension parts before go fast parts.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
I would recommend better stopping and suspension parts before go fast parts.
I already have those lined up. I leave next week to go do army stuff until February. She is getting braided lines. Drilled rotors. And new fluid.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

How about fuel lines going to the fuel rail? And Army stuff till February? Deployment for six? Because once in the Army you always do Army stuff. Deployment just means you do Army stuff with a rifle at your side. Anyways go fast stuff... have you got cooling your engine addressed? Sorry just don’t want to see you not dot your “i” and cross your “T”’s. Like making sure the back door is secure you know.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

Yes. I have a fuel rail, lines, and injectors on order. I have a complete belt kit and headgasket kit waiting. I have a brand new water pump as well. Yes. I do Army stuff all the time. It gives me a chance to set aside money for parts. So that way when I get home. I have something to do to ease my mind for a bit. Its therapeutic in a way. The suspension is fine for now. I dont have any bushing rot so that's not high on the priority list. All rubber lines, hoses, etc are getting replaced. The wires are newer along with the distributor cap and rotor. It runs fine without any issues. No smoke. Not burning oil. Not over heating. All consumable items will be replaced this spring. So while I have it apart I would like to upgrade what I can when I remove it.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:32 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

I already have those lined up. I leave next week to go do army stuff until February. She is getting braided lines. Drilled rotors. And new fluid.
Forget braided lines and drilled rotors, both are a bad idea. Stick to solid rotors and factory lines ftw and depending on how much you are planning to increase performance then stock 951 brakes will likely do just fine. Just make sure they are in good condition and working as they should.

There are many suspension options and, as Humboldtgrinadvised, it is beneficial to concentrate on upgrades there before you start upping performance. Nothing worse than spending a bunch of money to increase hp and finding the car simply can’t make use of it.

Btw you need to be a paid member here to start wtb or fs threads in case you didn’t read the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Hate to see you get banned
Old 10-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

I don't even know where to start. The car is 32 years old. With the original rotors and pads on it. Rubber deteriorates over time so there are many benefits or steel braided lines. Sorry for not reading the rules. Because I have been a member on here. More of a lurker for years and years and years. I owned an 82 924 about 17 years ago. I had joined the first time somewhere around when this page was invented so I may not recall the fine print. And with anything else, technology has advanced to the point where many things that were once advanced in 1986 are now obsolete. Like engine management. Now. I may not be 100% savvy on the most inner working of the 944 line. But I have been a practiceing certified aircraft mechanic since 2007. I have my bases covered as far as routine and general maintenance are concerned.
Yesterday I flushed and filled the transaxle and ordered 2 new CV joints. At some point when the clutch goes out I will rebuild the torque tube and clutch assembly. But until then. I'll drive it until it wears out.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

You know about the 12 point socket that the CV bolt heads are?
Old 10-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

It's a "cheesehead" nut. Yes. I am aware.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:02 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

I don't even know where to start. The car is 32 years old. With the original rotors and pads on it. Rubber deteriorates over time so there are many benefits or steel braided lines....
As an aircraft mechanic you’ll be fine, those are good skills to have amhik. Just go slow and methodically while listening to the advise on these forums as there’s a good brain pool on here.

The reason I don’t like braided fuel/brake lines on a street car is that there is no visual indication that the line is good as the braid is covering it and providing a false sense of security. For a race car where you carefully and regularly inspect the lines fine, for a street car stick to stock and you can easily see when a line gets degraded with Just a cursory glance from time to time.

Maintenance is a good first job, then things that may need attention like the cv joints you replaced, again ask the forum first as there are good and bad options which have been determined by experience for cv joints and axles. Oil leaks, vacuum lines, flexible fuel lines, aos seals, throttle reseal, coolant hoses, etc are all things that will need attention in a 30* yo car. gl
Old 10-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Thejetman
AutoX

Thanks.
Albeit the lines are old. I have put braided lines on just about every vehicle I have ever had. To each their own. And yes. Trying to go through 20 years of internet knowledge is kind of daunting. You can watch as the evolution of parts comes and goes just by thumbing through these pages.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Chapman951
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

What are you plans for the car?

Right now I am doing a bunch of weight reduction to make the car a bit quicker.

Quick Reply: WTB Used go fast parts