Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question about DME Harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 05:30 PM
red44T
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about DME Harness

Ok, so I made a dumb mistake and cut a wire on the dme harness in attempt convert back from the M-tune modification to the harness. See link or read below:

http://roguetuning.com/map_sensor_installation

"The Red power wire is tapped, that is - do not cut the DME's respective wire, just remove some of the DME wires insulation and connect the MAP sensor wire. As always, we recommend soldering, not T-type or "vampire" clips. A poor connection here can significantly reduce the MAP sensor signal."

I re-soldered the wire back together...I'm converting to a VEMS unit now. Is this mistake going to screw me up with a bad signal? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 PM
finally!
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

as long as quality solder you should be fine.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:21 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty much what he said, unless you did a bad solder job your back to stock.. But if your going VEMS, why not use a matching harness and ditch the 30 year old original harness??
Old 05-30-2019, 09:43 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

It will not affect it at all as long as it is a good solder joint.

Originally Posted by red44T
Ok, so I made a dumb mistake and cut a wire on the dme harness in attempt convert back from the M-tune modification to the harness. See link or read below:

http://roguetuning.com/map_sensor_installation

"The Red power wire is tapped, that is - do not cut the DME's respective wire, just remove some of the DME wires insulation and connect the MAP sensor wire. As always, we recommend soldering, not T-type or "vampire" clips. A poor connection here can significantly reduce the MAP sensor signal."

I re-soldered the wire back together...I'm converting to a VEMS unit now. Is this mistake going to screw me up with a bad signal? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM
red44T
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solder

Thanks everyone. Budget doesn't include a new $500+ harness. Maybe in the future.

Quick Reply: Question about DME Harness