Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Installed Front Spring noises

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 04:41 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by schip43
I don't understand "shim??" Do you mean helper springs???
No, I placed the camber bolt setting to min camber and placed a wedge in place to keep it that way.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:49 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rlm328
No, I placed the camber bolt setting to min camber and placed a wedge in place to keep it that way.
Oh I see! I've never seen that done before?? I see the camber bolt also. I take that degree of overkill?? Is race car stuff?? I've heard camber plates and camber bolts can slip?? I've never had the problem ... on the street. So "Race Car."
Old 06-04-2019, 11:35 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Oh I see! I've never seen that done before?? I see the camber bolt also. I take that degree of overkill?? Is race car stuff?? I've heard camber plates and camber bolts can slip?? I've never had the problem ... on the street. So "Race Car."
The car has not been street legal for at least 7 years. A quality camber plate will not slip.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:27 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

The car has not been street legal for at least 7 years. A quality camber plate will not slip.
Well I've never had it had?? On either my 9551 or my 944 n/a?? But I "heard that could happen??" So I leave 'em alone. Camber plates are pretty much over kill for my use 1 degree neg camber in front and I'm good.

But since "race Car" and they don't slip (if quality) camber plates, why did you use shims?? Inquiring minds want to know?? I'd still like to know what combo of springs lengths, that is you use (if you can say)?? Cuz, combined those look to be the same as length as my 12 inch (I'm pretty sure) spring?? And I want to change "stuff" uh just I can. Cuz you know ... people do stuff.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:12 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

But since "race Car" and they don't slip (if quality) camber plates, why did you use shims?? Inquiring minds want to know??
If you will notice the camber bolt is set in a slot with nothing for the camber to work against. Camber plates are at the top of the dampner.

I'd still like to know what combo of springs lengths, that is you use (if you can say)?? Cuz, combined those look to be the same as length as my 12 inch (I'm pretty sure) spring?? And I want to change "stuff" uh just I can. Cuz you know ... people do stuff.
I am running 8 inch springs
Old 06-05-2019, 11:49 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

If you will notice the camber bolt is set in a slot with nothing for the camber to work against. Camber plates are at the top of the damper. I am running 8 inch springs
I did notice the slot and I thought camber would be what that is for. I just "ASSUMED" camber plates hence my confusion.

But 8 inches?? So that is a four and a four??? And is there anything between the two springs??? The reason I ask some many questions is because I am intrigued by this concept.My other passion is my 92 Terecl to be Turbo Charged shooting fro 300 ish hp out of a 5efte 1.5. The suspension is built but I perhaps went to far?? It has 6 inch springs I think and 450 inch lb springs, lowered and at 2000 lbs it corners flat and no brake dive under uh hard braking!

But it rides like a freaking dump truck and god help you if there is a mid corner bump!! But I'm quick with the wheel so yeah ... But if I can add a softer spring rate also ... that would be cool! And if it works I'd do the same to 951! I.m here and back as it were to learn stuff.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:34 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

I did notice the slot and I thought camber would be what that is for. I just "ASSUMED" camber plates hence my confusion.

But 8 inches?? So that is a four and a four??? And is there anything between the two springs??? The reason I ask some many questions is because I am intrigued by this concept.My other passion is my 92 Terecl to be Turbo Charged shooting fro 300 ish hp out of a 5efte 1.5. The suspension is built but I perhaps went to far?? It has 6 inch springs I think and 450 inch lb springs, lowered and at 2000 lbs it corners flat and no brake dive under uh hard braking!

But it rides like a freaking dump truck and god help you if there is a mid corner bump!! But I'm quick with the wheel so yeah ... But if I can add a softer spring rate also ... that would be cool! And if it works I'd do the same to 951! I.m here and back as it were to learn stuff.
It is one 8 inch spring per corner, I am presently running 800 lb springs in front and 1,000 lb springs in back, the car weighs 2600 lbs with no driver. And yes it rides like a truck.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:46 AM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jllewan
I am wondering if anyone has experienced any kind of "springy ting" noises after installing new stiffer springs with coil over kits and Koni adjustable shocks. This noise happens when I turn the wheels sharply to the left or right and can be felt up through the steering wheel. I believe it's the springs not rotating smoothly. How can I fix?

thanks!
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...l#post11532477

Cheers,
Mike

Quick Reply: New Installed Front Spring noises