Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help please, I think I did something bad! (DME Wiring)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:36 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and Ian Kam tuned the idle pretty well, it is very stable and easy to drive, but the one thing that concerns me is that many of the changes were in Zones 1-15 but on the instructions it says that you should not mess with these zones and rather, change the specific zones...should I start over?
Old 02-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NO DO NOT MESS with the zones 1-15. Those are configuration settings like # of cylinders, accel-enrichment, master-fuel, etc. Those are best set in their respective menus.

"Is the O2 Sensor voltage the voltage that can be converted to A/F ratio? And which screen would this be under in the Link Handheld?"

You can display the O2-sensor voltage on the handheld by hitting the SELECT-UP 12 times after you've turned on the car to the "OXY -% CO 0.0v" screen. The voltage is reported in 0.01v increments. Typically under full-throttle, you'd want to see it a little lean from 3000-4000rpm, so about 0.78-0.85v. Then after 5000rpm, it should get slightly richer and richer. So 0.87 -> 0.88 -> 0.89v by redline.

You can also datalog the output through the SerialLink and plot the data. John Kaufmann was kind enough to work over my Excel template and converted manifold-pressure to boost-psi: SerialLinkGraphTemplate2.xls

Yes I got your PayPal and will send you the stuff later this week, thanks!
Old 02-18-2004, 04:17 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which section should be for monitoring A/F ratio? The O2 one or the AFM input one. Because right now the purple wire is in the 2nd to last part of the connector on the top row which would be the O2 connector. But I am missing the one next to it (fuel pump) and I think below it or below and to the left for the AFM.

On the handheld it stays at either .7 or .5 all the time, even when driving at full throttle. Does this mean I had a bad connection? or is it in the wrong connector. And lastly if I do need to move the connector, how do I take it out of the socket? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm terrible at wiring.

Quick Reply: Help please, I think I did something bad! (DME Wiring)