Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wilson gets attention after hiatus

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019 | 06:26 AM
Noahs944
Race Car

Received 230 Likes on 169 Posts

Its 3 am on Monday my day off and I woke up to work on Wilson. The turbo I had died due to oil starvation and I am caressing the replacement in place. I have read several forum threads online regarding the use of oil restrictors on the feed line and concluded it is vehicle specific (based on turbo bearing type, oil pressure). I have been running a restrictor seen here, but have since drilled through) and going to use a regulator to regulator flow & pressure instead. I think I am going to feed enough oil until it leaks through the turbo seal & then regulate one "click" smaller. I have a 1/4" hole drilled one the downpipe before the cat which will allow oil to drill out and this will be my indicator of "too much".

Old 06-17-2019 | 08:38 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

http://alamoturbochargers.com/about-us/company-history

Local in Calgary if you need rebuild. They are the BorgWarner and Garrett supplier here.
Old 06-19-2019 | 08:30 PM
Noahs944
Race Car

Received 230 Likes on 169 Posts

Thanks G! That's a very good resource!
I flushed the engine oil after drilling restrictor plate/installing regulator & installing a brand new Chinese turbo and found with the regulator wide open, the turbo isn't leaking!! Geeze this makes me think the other unit might have been starved.
...really sick of wrenching, just want to drive so I put my faith out to the universe and ripped up the mountain range just outside of Banff, Alberta.
THANKS WILSON FOR SHOWING ME YOU CAN BE THE CHAMP!

Quick Reply: Wilson gets attention after hiatus