Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lean at Idle???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Lippy951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lean at Idle???

This is part of an earlier post. The main symptom of the car is lean at idle. The only way to get the AFR normal is to add 10% more fuel through the FQS. I have a Vitesse chip so switch #3 is 10% more fuel. Fuel filter is new. Fuel pressure at the rail is good. Tested it with the car running and off. It is 3bar FBR and its good at 43psi. I would think the fuel pump is good. Brand new injectors. Been at this quests for over a month. I found some issues with the car while looking. I fixed them however nothing I do changes the fact it want more fuel? Vacuum leak after the MAF? Vacuum is 16" at idle. Any thoughts??
Old 12-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

How do you know it's lean at idle and ok otherwise? Do you have a wideband? When you got 16" of vacuum, was that at 840rpms and close to sea level? Remind us what you have tested? Knee-jerk reaction is to say vacuum leak, but there are a handful of sensors that could throw things off too (DME temp sensor, TPS, O2, altitude switch, MAF, etc.), and harness issues, and cracked solder joints in the DME/KLR, and mechanical issues, etc. -- so the more info you share and things you test, the more help the list can be...

Quick Reply: Lean at Idle???