Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Reminder: Always get shipping confirmation - receipt, tracking, etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:55 AM
PDX-944
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I call it learning. You both learned it at some point, either by asking someone who knew, or reading.
You've never asked someone five simple questions over the course of six months, while learning hundreds of other things on your own by researching?
You act like I asked him to guide me through the whole process when all I did was ask him a few simple things I was unsure about.
I've installed a stock hg before. I've never bored a motor oversized. Why would I know that simple fact? I do now. And if someone asked, I'd have an easy time saying "oh, it's a trivial difference. And 104-106 bore all use the 106mm gasket."
See how easy that was to be polite and helpful? I'd even add a smiley face if the person had paid me thousands of dollars for my work.

I'm not an engine builder. I'm a racer by hobby, it consumes 95 percent of my time managing several racing programs.
What I am is an American Sign Language interpreter. It's what my degree is for, and I spend every day interpreting for people that are deaf.
When someone asks if a deaf person is allowed to drive, which happens every day, there's part of us that kind of snickers, like it's common knowledge. It's almost offensive to be asked that.
But you know what I asked the first deaf person I ever met many many years ago? "Are you able to get your license?"
You don't know something until you know it.
I am absolutely thrilled to shed knowledge on otherwise common misconceptions about the Deaf world to people who don't know, because that's how the community grows. It's actually a huge benefit to have more people with more knowledge.
What I don't do is swear at them and blow them off.

Last edited by PDX-944; 09-27-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by PDX-944
I call it learning. You both learned it at some point, either by asking someone who knew, or reading.
You've never asked someone five simple questions over the course of six months, while learning hundreds of other things on your own by researching?
You act like I asked him to guide me through the whole process when all I did was ask him a few simple things I was unsure about.
I've installed a stock hg before. I've never bored a motor oversized. Why would I know that simple fact? I do now. And if someone asked, I'd have an easy time saying "oh, it's a trivial difference. And 104-106 bore all use the 106mm gasket."
See how easy that was to be polite and helpful? I'd even add a smiley face if the person had paid me thousands of dollars for my work.

I'm not an engine builder. I'm a racer by hobby, it consumes 95 percent of my time managing several racing programs.
What I am is an American Sign Language interpreter. It's what my degree is for, and I spend every day interpreting for people that are deaf.
When someone asks if a deaf person is allowed to drive, which happens every day, there's part of us that kind of snickers, like it's common knowledge. It's almost offensive to be asked that.
But you know what I asked the first deaf person I ever met many many years ago? "Are you able to get your license?"
You don't know something until you know it.
I am absolutely thrilled to shed knowledge on otherwise common misconceptions about the Deaf world to people who don't know, because that's how the community grows. It's actually a huge benefit to have more people with more knowledge.
What I don't do is swear at them and blow them off.
As an outsider to this part of the community, you should consider letting this go and just having the thread removed.

You are entitled to your feelings. But you are too closely connected to the experience to realize how this really looks and the role you played.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM
PDX-944
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iammacey
As an outsider to this part of the community, you should consider letting this go and just having the thread removed.

You are entitled to your feelings. But you are too closely connected to the experience to realize how this really looks and the role you played.
That should be ebays reply to any unhappy customers negating feedback lol
Old 09-27-2018, 01:00 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm not passing any judgement on either party, but I am sorry to hear of your troubles . Nobody wants to air dirty laundry in public. That said, regardless of the facts... it's really disappointing to see anyone or their skills get insulted by other members here with evidently all the time in the world to research your post history, belittle it, and offer nothing constructive to the thread.

Good luck with your build!

Quick Reply: Reminder: Always get shipping confirmation - receipt, tracking, etc