Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Rough Bock Pics - Deck Plate Engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 10:09 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

I owe you an email on what I am doing also. Sorry for the delay. Just very busy. Now I know what you are doing. Neil would not tell me. My whole engine project has been put on the backburner, as all of the parts etc that PD are developing will be in my engine. As I sold my car, I have no immediate need of it, but I am still going ahead as soon as the parts are ready and available. I did buy a Block, Head and some other parts. I am having one of the new Crankshafts, the new lightweight Rods and Pistons, but these are still been made. The Block is getting the Deck plate, Liners, Oil squirters, Studs, doweled Girdle, and a couple of other new parts. This has all been done. I am going with a 4.00in bore and a shorter stroke. That about it on the Btm end so far. My Head is almost finished and will have the new Valves, Guides, Seats and Tappets. The porting is done, but we are still waiting on the parts to arrive. The Valves are smaller stemed, bigger dia heads, longer and very flat. The new tappets are solid. I stayed with the 8V Head as most will have this and this allowed PD to do the developemnt on these parts. For those who are going 16V, these parts can all be interchanged with the exception of the Valves and Tappets. I am getting excited now that everything is starting to come together. No HP numbers have been discussed yet, but I'm hoping with the Cam and Turbo matched, some numbers never seen with "off the shelf" parts will be produced. I will email you and look forward to talking to you.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

So are these wet liners or dry?

Anyone?
Old 01-14-2004, 11:56 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

The block pictured is a 2.5L block with dry liners. I understand the 2.7 and 3.0L blocks will not look the same as the Deck Plate will not go between the liners as this would make the Deck Plate very thin right there. I do not know about the Liners, but I understand all blocks to date, 2.5L and others all have dry liners.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:31 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

superjet.1 (Travis)

Call me when you get this message.

You have my cell.

TonyG
Old 01-15-2004, 12:53 AM
superjet.1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got off the the 18th green will call in the morning tony.Or call my cell if its real important. Can you believe it was in the mid eighties today man i love socal.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:15 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Travis

Tried your cell... all I get is a fax...

Did you change your cell? Or perhaps I have the wrong cell written down on my work bench :-)

TonyG
Old 01-15-2004, 01:20 AM
superjet.1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just sent my number private email.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:06 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by superjet.1
I will have prices on all the block and engine work this week so stay tuned. We just bought some core motors and will be building sleevede decked short blocks to put on the shelf so you send in your core and get a engine back the same week nifty huh! We also will have engine packages including big valve heads and solid lifters soon. This is all new 944-951 engineered stuff not the same old stuff thats been out there for years. Any questions please call me. Tony has been great he has some fantastic ideas i cant waite to dyno that babby this summer when its done. GO TONY!!!

I do believe that some info was promised on this engine work and kind of cash involved?

So are you doing it or is PD?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:07 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by superjet.1
I will have prices on all the block and engine work this week so stay tuned. We just bought some core motors and will be building sleevede decked short blocks to put on the shelf so you send in your core and get a engine back the same week nifty huh! We also will have engine packages including big valve heads and solid lifters soon. This is all new 944-951 engineered stuff not the same old stuff thats been out there for years. Any questions please call me. Tony has been great he has some fantastic ideas i cant waite to dyno that babby this summer when its done. GO TONY!!!

I assume that deck plate is aluminum? And its sitting next to the DI sleeves? Has anyone investigated the corrosion issues?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 02:40 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Hello?

Quick Reply: New Rough Bock Pics - Deck Plate Engine