Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A/F Meter, Boost Gauge Placement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Stuttgartuner
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lotek pillar pod installed with phantom series autometer gauges, a/f ratio and boost. Looks great, and I installed it myself, easy.
And the a/f isn't that annoying, actually not at all. I do have the power wires running through a switch so I can turn off the a/f and the light for the boost gauge.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:28 AM
p0wp0w
Pro

Ski,
Where do you get one of those pressure solenoids?
And any instructions on installing/how hard is it to install?

I have my boost gauge in the cubby, I'd like to mount the pressure solenoid light higher up somewhere in my peripheral vision to know if I'm overboosting...if I had a track 951 I would put it in the pillar.

Reason I didn't now is because I wanted the car to look stock if they peered in from the outside:
A. Because I didn't want to bring attention to my car telling theifs that it is modified
B. To keep the stock look so noone will know my car is modified say if they were driving next to me on the street etc.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Sami951
Drifting

Originally posted by Jake951
Yes, I've installed the LoTek gaugepod (http://www.gaugepods.com/). All the wiring and tubing runs under the dash and then inside the A-pillar. There's an opening on the side of the dash at the bottom of the A-pillar where you can run all the lines up the A-pillar interior to the gauges. It's very clean looking as one of the photos here shows.
Did you have to dismantle the dash at all to get everything in place? I'm thinking of getting the gauge pod too but the installation scares me...
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually got it online,,,the brand is World Magnetic - # PSF103. Simple switch, 12v switched on to one side, wire other lead to + of light, ground the other lead of the light, hook up a vacuum line to the port on the switch. I used my small air compressor and a battery source to set the switch. I only ran 1 extra wire up the pillar pod because I used the ground off of the instrument lighting. When the light went off at 16, I simply turned the MBC down to where it went out and the gauge was just a tad over 15 psi. You could probably get everything at Radio Shack but not at my small store where I live; I got the LED there.

installastion:
You do have to take off the sun visors and loosen the front header panel. The top screw on the factory A pillar panel has given some people fits. It is not just straight in from the top hole opening. It is slightly up and left IIRC. Take a flashlight and find it first or you will drive yourself nuts. I prewired my pod with spade connectors so the only real hook up was the small boost line. It took less than two hours.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:35 PM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for all the great input as usual. I decided to do both! A pillar pod for the boost and AFM, cubby dual plate in black for the vacum and oil temp.

I'll post some pics when all installed.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 PM
951kid
Advanced

Question

Did anyone think of or ever mount the boost gauage and air fuel ratio meter in place of the thermostat and temp. controls, i just thought it would be an interesting compromise between the cubby and pillar.

I personally perfer the cubby b/c its not as distracting as the pillar mount, a friend of mine has some oil pressure and temp. gauges on a pillar mount in a prelude, i drove it but cant say that i liked it, he agreed that it bothered him and interupted his view.

my $.02

Quick Reply: A/F Meter, Boost Gauge Placement?