Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Street Racing Accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Stuttgartuner
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks "turbo944" I am glad you see what I am getting at.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:39 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Jay Gratton
Not to keep bring down this forum. The one and only time I ever street raced I was with my friend in high school in his Mustang 5.0 and was racing another friend in his Mustang 5.0. Well, we went bombing down the curviest back road you can imagine. My friend went flying off the road into a large tree that didn't give. The tree hit the corner of the bummer and took the fender, door and convertible top off the car. A few more inches to the left and the car would have stoped in its tracks and my best friends would have been dead.
I learned my lesson at a young age and since then I just keep it on the track. I have to many things going for me now. Don't risk your life my friend or the lives of others around you. Keep it safe. - Jay Gratton
Thats quite a story, glad everyone turned out fine. Also glad you saw the light and moved away from mustangs
~Eyal
Old 01-14-2004, 06:54 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well Stuttgartuner what can I tell you other than we have all been there before I am truely sorry about your ride But, glad to hear you are okay. I used to go to the "organized street races" all the time back in the day (high school) I stopped going one night when a fight almost broke out. I am not stupid..and I realized I was hanging around a bunch of stupid idiot's.....that have **** for brains....and don't even really know that much about car's(in general this wasen't everyone) I haven't been to an organized street race in over 4 year's.I do however goof off on the freeway with friend's quite a bit. Although we are the only one's on the tollway.....and I know the other driver very well...their is still risk.....but, I guess in illegal bursts of speed there will always be danger. Don't let the nagging posts get on your nerve's....most of the poster's on here are over 30 and havent illegal raced in a very long time. They all bring up good point's....and have validation for their remark's.....but, sometime's.....it get's the best of them......calling name's like dumbass ect.ect.ect. They don't really mean it....they just think(as do I) you had no buisness there....and for $20 bucks .....lol.....hell $20 doller's can't even buy me a full tank of gas...lol. You will learn....go to the track.....if you want to race....I promise you will learn alot. I am young and even though I do race from time to time on the freeway....it no way make's it safe......racing is dangerous......100% of the time. I do feel I can do a better job of it...being alone on the tollway at 3.a.m. and considering I have been road racing for 6 year's now....I feel I have spent alot of time at speed and at the limit of the car...if something was to happen I think I could handle it...and if I could'nt for some reason....I would be all alone...and the only person I would hurt would be myself. I don't know if anyone has done this yet but,

Welcome to the board We are all kinda like extended family on here and everyone is very helpful. From my expeirence this is the best board on the net. People here are knowledgeable and willing to help their fellow man...be it a porsche owner or not. I am once again glad to hear that you are okay...and glad to hear you will no longer illegally race some kid on the street who know's nothing about his car at speed. You will find you don't know alot when you first start track racing....but, give it time...and you will become a much safer driver on the street.....I bet I can out drive someone with me doing 100 and then doing 50(average person driving down the road ofcourse)....most people don't know **** about high speed driving or how to handle their car at the limit of adhesion.I think you will learn very quickly what I mean about the character of people on this board...as someone has already offered you a new replacement fender. Some of the guy's on the board have amazing compassion....and heart for one another....I am really not exaggerating when I say we truely are like an extended family.Okay I have to stop know or I am going to get teary eye'd.....lol....take care man...get your car fixed...and next time take him at the local de for 100 bucks instead of $20.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eyal 951,
They were my friend's mustangs, not mine. Actually, the kid I was ridding with is now a converted Porsche driver and Rennlist member! I had a Porsche from the day I was 16. I was never a fan of American muscle! Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 01-16-2004, 07:24 AM
xero
Intermediate

BoostGuy951 you're car is badass!!! I likes!

Stuttgartuner, you got sandbagged plain and simple. When you destroy a CHB (Civic Hatch Back) and he turns around and wants a money run you know he's up to something. Especially if he's running a GSR motor, he most likely was running a turbocharged LSvtec which is basically an LS integra block and GSR head. The honda guys do that because it will hold boost better than most honda motors. If infact he was running a turbo, he was probably using a T3/60-1 which can make upwards of 500whp. Thats nothing to smirk at. There are a few guys around me with that same set up. They get on the highway, do the same thing to cars and to tell the truth not many cars can even hang with them. From a driver's standpoint if you don't know what you're up against and you obviously didn't that night, don't race. You can really get yourself into some serious trouble that way. I know there are a few guys with near stock 996 Turbos around me who were egging on one of the Supra guys who APPEARED to be stock.. They got on the highway and next thing you know he pulls bus legnths and takes their money.. It was a 900rwhp+ car.

Don't feel bad about dinging up the fender man. I was trying to grip a turn a while back and screwed up my front passenger's site a little bit. I would say TonyG has given a great perspective, it does cheapen our cars when you race a little econobox for a mere $20 even if it is making 300whp+.. I won't call you a dumbass because a lot of us have participated in nightracing. It just sucks you in, been there done that.

porshhhh951 you're so right. I don't go to get involved in organized streetracing anymore. There are just too many risks for any good to come out of it. 10-1000 cars in one area makes for an uncontrolled situation. Errors can be catastrophic. Also the fact that you may be charged with man slaghter if you hit someone was enough to deter me from the street races. Prison never sounded cool to me. I see what you're saying about the highways though I have been known to play around on an open highway or two at 3am Toll roads can be excellent stress relievers at night.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:21 AM
slim_boy_fat
Racer

Have you never played pool?

You were hustled there good and proper, it was soo obvious. Hat off to the idiot in the Civic for being only slightly less stupid than YOU!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by slim_boy_fat
Have you never played pool?

You were hustled there good and proper, it was soo obvious. Hat off to the idiot in the Civic for being only slightly less stupid than YOU!!!
A $20 hustler...
Old 01-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Blueman33
Pro

My step brother was one of three kids street racing in a car. I couldn't tell you the car he was racing. I couldn't tell you the car he was in. I don't know who had more hp, who was faster, or what.

They were racing in LakeVillage Arkansas, a rather flat rural area. The driver lost control and went off into a field with but one tree. I couldn't tell you what happened to the driver and other passenger, but my step brother is dead.

Quick Reply: Street Racing Accident