Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just got hit, anybody have a estimation on damage while I wait on an adjuster

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:52 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Can you add other pics, interior, etc, and grade rest of car 1-10, for rest of body/paint, interior, engine, transmission, recent service, etc...?
This portion of the thread would be great for that info.
I'd take the car now if it were late offset, still might be interested depending on pics and info.

T
Old 08-10-2018, 02:26 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Wish I was closer!
Old 08-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Druepy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Below is the only picture of the interior I can find right now. I will have the car tomorrow so I can post more then. I would say the interior is 7/10. Minor cracking dash, some vinyl coming loose around sunroof. Rear hatch leaks. AC doesn't hold a charge very long. Maybe has an exhaust leak. Exterior maybe 6/10? some rock chips and small dings. Nothing major.

Mods - Work Anhelos wheels (17x8,x9), Authority chip, intake

Mechanically the car was strong, the wastegate might have a weak spring/ torn diaphragm. Shift very nicely never grinds. The car pulled really well in my opinion and was ready to get up in go whenever I needed to.

Service history while I have owned it:
7/21/16 - New clutch, clutch release lever bearings, Clutch release lever shaft, rear seal, shift lever (91k miles)
8/30/17 - New head gasket, timing belt, balance shaft belt, P/S pump seal kit, surfaced head (92k miles)
7/11/18 - New flywheel sensor, DME relay (~94k miles)

Old 08-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Druepy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I got the car back and I have more info now from the mechanic. He pointed out the damage and I have pictured it below. He is referring to the rails that run from the wheel well to the front of the car. It appears they have sustained damage and are bent downward. It is hard to really take a picture of it.

The car is dirty inside and out right now. The price is $3k OBO. Offer me whatever you want. I don't care, you won't offend me but I will tell you what the highest offer if needed.

Quick Reply: Just got hit, anybody have a estimation on damage while I wait on an adjuster