Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Free valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Free valve

I ran across this company on YouTube making camshaft deleted valve train cylinder heads. I had this thought in 2002 going thru automotive collage after learning how an injector worked and I wondered why we still have camshafts. Perhaps they could make a cylinder head for our cars? Or make an adapter system? Very cool stuff. Check out the link.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:32 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I love that whole series...., seen most segments several times.

Christian could be on a carbon fiber hydrofoil yacht with 20 babes as crew but he's as hands on and involved personally in the technical side as a hired hand.

I just never knew/understood whether the family had tons of money or whatever...., it's cool to have mechanical ideas and innovations floating around in your mind as a teen but you don't go from tuning mopeds to building these cars....the tooling alone cost a fortune.

In perspective, my current car has a target of 10-10.5lbs/bhp and that would make it best in class power/weight.
2.2 lbs/bhp seems unobtainable and for us, it is, just like electromagnetic or pneumatic valve actuation.

Crazy car, this thing downloads circuit specific suspension settings from the cloud when your gps coordinates enter the boundaries of a racetrack...

T

Quick Reply: Free valve