Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning still around?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 02:13 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know for sure if you need a stock chip in the klr for LR m-tune? The kit does not include a klr chip and I no longer have a stock chip. I kind of remember talking to Josh one time and he said that any chip that works in the klr should work just fine but I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot Lindsey an email to verify too.

....update: Lindsey said you can use any klr chip.

Last edited by mahoney944; 10-31-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:08 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
Does anyone know for sure if you need a stock chip in the klr for LR m-tune? The kit does not include a klr chip and I no longer have a stock chip. I kind of remember talking to Josh one time and he said that any chip that works in the klr should work just fine but I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot Lindsey an email to verify too.
I don't know the answer, but do you know what your aftermarket KLR chip does? The stock one does boost control, knock control and full load/WOT signalling to the DME. I would hope that any aftermarket mods would be limited to the area of boost control, in which case if you have a separate boost controller then it wouldn't matter.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM
Bambalam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help John, that gives me another search idea and a chance to research further.

I know from this era that there were quite a few differences in fuel and therefore settings on computers.

I just want to make sure before purchasing a chip or running an aftermarket ECU.

Simon
Old 11-17-2018, 01:35 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Originally Posted by blade7
You do seem to wade in on certain subjects though, which seems at odds with being a moderator.
Just so we are all on the same page here, moderators are free to express their own personal opinions and views on any subject. We are enthusiasts too, and volunteer our time to help keep some order around here.

There is a thin line between moderator and active enthusiast. We keep that line in tact by not moderating threads we are active in, that would be a conflict of interest. As far as I can see refresh951 has not crossed that line in this thread.

Originally Posted by blade7
And no, I don't want that job.
Technically it's not a job, we are unpaid volunteers.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:54 AM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Just so we are all on the same page here, moderators are free to express their own personal opinions and views on any subject. We are enthusiasts too, and volunteer our time to help keep some order around here.

There is a thin line between moderator and active enthusiast. We keep that line in tact by not moderating threads we are active in, that would be a conflict of interest. As far as I can see refresh951 has not crossed that line in this thread.

Technically it's not a job, we are unpaid volunteers.
I'm a little curious why it's taken 5 months for you to quote me?
Old 11-26-2018, 05:35 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Probably because your posts were never reported
Old 12-17-2018, 09:31 PM
DarrenD
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrenD
^^ No worries. The more info we can share the better. I already have a logger but I cant seem to get it working, I'm pretty sure it's my crappy laptop that is the issue.
I've tried multiple laptops now, still no luck with the logger. My next goal is to verify wiring. I'm going to pull the DME harness and see if there isn't anything funky going in in there. This is my goal for Christmas break.

I did email Josh the other day asking if maybe there was a different way to hook up the logger with the Rogue DME, I haven't heard anything yet but If I do I will post it.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:11 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Racer

Location: Encinitas, ca PCA National DE instructor PCA San Diego chief driving instructor
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrenD
I've tried multiple laptops now, still no luck with the logger. My next goal is to verify wiring. I'm going to pull the DME harness and see if there isn't anything funky going in in there. This is my goal for Christmas break.

I did email Josh the other day asking if maybe there was a different way to hook up the logger with the Rogue DME, I haven't heard anything yet but If I do I will post it.
That would be nice. I never could get mine to work, once again on multiple laptops and operating systems - even when Josh talked me through it on the phone. His first guess was that the port in use wasn't turned on, but I went into the BIOS and made sure.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:47 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by J1NX3D
Probably because your posts were never reported
Why would they be?
Old 12-19-2018, 02:02 PM
lincolnturns
Intermediate

Thought I'd chime in here again as is relevant. Darren and I have shared struggles and I have the same issue. Owned the data logger for 20 months now and have tried 4 laptops, 4 releases of TunerPro RT, 3 different ALDL cables, every version of Windows imaginable, sent Josh (and Dave L) pics of my data logger with direct wiring into the DME and have never had it connect so I can run logs. Sorta defeats the purpose of having it - and I also had two friends locally who are software developers take a stab at it just to make sure it wasn't me. COM port settings triple checked etc. Seems faulty as Hell.

AND while were on the subject here - I'm all for giving props where due but I've emailed Josh and Dave L both now to ask about future support for Rogue and if we can continue conversations about fine tuning things and help with diagnostics and going on 3 weeks I believe I have not heard a peep back.

Since the start of this thread was "Is Rogue Tuning Still Around?"....
Old 12-20-2018, 10:24 PM
DarrenD
Racer

No word from Josh. I'll attribute that to the fact it's Christmas and he's busy with family although I'm not holding my breath...

I checked my MAP wiring tonight and no issue there. I was hoping there would be a problem due to the fact that my M-tune only goes pig rich under boost conditions. When in vacuum it runs fairly well. It idles perfectly although I did remove my IACV as I couldn't get the car to come off throttle smoothly.

I'm now in the process of pulling the wiring harness. I want to inspect every single wire. If it's bad enough I'll buy(Lindsey) or build a new harness.

Hopefully I can also pinpoint why my logger doesn't work either. I have a spare logger now too that I know worked so I'm going to try that as well.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:53 PM
bumflick
Racer

https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com

Kroon is making a new engine wire harness for the 951. Factory wire colors, factory connectors. Prototype has been made, testing for fit and functionality underway.

They are reporting progress in a couple facebook groups.

I have given up on the Mtune.. this harnes, new speed and ref sensors and VEMS when the xmas bonus hits (after she who must be obeyed takes her toll).
Old 12-20-2018, 10:55 PM
DarrenD
Racer

Originally Posted by bumflick
https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com

Kroon is making a new engine wire harness for the 951. Factory wire colors, factory connectors. Prototype has been made, testing for fit and functionality underway.

They are reporting progress in a couple facebook groups.

I have given up on the Mtune.. this harness, new speed and ref sensors and VEMS when the xmas bonus hits (after she who must be obeyed takes her toll).
You've got M-tune troubles as well? What is the issue?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:50 PM
bumflick
Racer

Darren, i have a high idle when warm...like 2800 rpm. I alao have a high rev hang when lifting off the throttle.

i have put in all new vacuum lines, rebuilt the throttle body, replaced the idle control valve, and reset the idle multiple times. No bueno.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had this system for at least 8 years. I have no issues, the KLR is stock and no idle issues either. You need the chip programmed to drop the idle, it should not be that high.

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning still around?