Rogue Tuning still around? - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Rogue Tuning still around?

Old 10-31-2018, 03:13 PM
mahoney944
User

Does anyone know for sure if you need a stock chip in the klr for LR m-tune? The kit does not include a klr chip and I no longer have a stock chip. I kind of remember talking to Josh one time and he said that any chip that works in the klr should work just fine but I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot Lindsey an email to verify too.

....update: Lindsey said you can use any klr chip.

Last edited by mahoney944; 10-31-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:08 PM
divil
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mahoney944 View Post
Does anyone know for sure if you need a stock chip in the klr for LR m-tune? The kit does not include a klr chip and I no longer have a stock chip. I kind of remember talking to Josh one time and he said that any chip that works in the klr should work just fine but I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot Lindsey an email to verify too.
I don't know the answer, but do you know what your aftermarket KLR chip does? The stock one does boost control, knock control and full load/WOT signalling to the DME. I would hope that any aftermarket mods would be limited to the area of boost control, in which case if you have a separate boost controller then it wouldn't matter.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Bambalam
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your help John, that gives me another search idea and a chance to research further.

I know from this era that there were quite a few differences in fuel and therefore settings on computers.

I just want to make sure before purchasing a chip or running an aftermarket ECU.

Simon
Old Today, 02:35 AM
Hacker-Pschorr
Super Moderator - Cracklin' Rosie
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by blade7 View Post
You do seem to wade in on certain subjects though, which seems at odds with being a moderator.
Just so we are all on the same page here, moderators are free to express their own personal opinions and views on any subject. We are enthusiasts too, and volunteer our time to help keep some order around here.

There is a thin line between moderator and active enthusiast. We keep that line in tact by not moderating threads we are active in, that would be a conflict of interest. As far as I can see refresh951 has not crossed that line in this thread.

Originally Posted by blade7 View Post
And no, I don't want that job.
Technically it's not a job, we are unpaid volunteers.

Old Today, 08:54 AM
blade7
User

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr View Post
Just so we are all on the same page here, moderators are free to express their own personal opinions and views on any subject. We are enthusiasts too, and volunteer our time to help keep some order around here.

There is a thin line between moderator and active enthusiast. We keep that line in tact by not moderating threads we are active in, that would be a conflict of interest. As far as I can see refresh951 has not crossed that line in this thread.

Technically it's not a job, we are unpaid volunteers.
I'm a little curious why it's taken 5 months for you to quote me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning still around?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: