Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Electrical question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 04:24 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Electrical question

I was diagnosing a start and die problem and after swapping out the g14 relay car seemed to run better. One of the things I did was run 12 volts directly to the coil. When I did this and turned the key off the car continued to run. I understand that the coil was getting power even when switched off, but wouldn't turning the key off kill power to DME and in turn kill injectors? I'm wondering if previous owner wired dme directly into battery instead of through ignition switch.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:38 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by moalaska
I was diagnosing a start and die problem and after swapping out the g14 relay car seemed to run better. One of the things I did was run 12 volts directly to the coil. When I did this and turned the key off the car continued to run. I understand that the coil was getting power even when switched off, but wouldn't turning the key off kill power to DME and in turn kill injectors? I'm wondering if previous owner wired dme directly into battery instead of through ignition switch.
Not if it shares a power source with the coil (Which I think it does via the junction box on the firewall).

Quick Reply: Electrical question