Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

which bolt(s) to hoist engine up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 03:43 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default which bolt(s) to hoist engine up?

Gonna tackle a leaking oil pan. got everything out. What bolt(s) were used to lift the engine in order to remove cross member. Could really use some guidance here. Thanx in advance
Old 03-30-2018, 05:29 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Gonna tackle a leaking oil pan. got everything out. What bolt(s) were used to lift the engine in order to remove cross member. Could really use some guidance here. Thanx in advance
If the cam tower is still on, use the loop/hook there. Then with a load level, I went and used a bolt off alternator mount.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:24 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, Shortyboy! I couldn't use the cam tower loop as my setup would have left the cherry picker too close to the fire wall, and I didn't want to remove the hood. Instead, I used the closest header stud and the alternator mount. Works good.

I accidentally broke that plastic tray on the inside while taking the pan out. I didn't know I was suppose to take off that oil temperature? gauge on the passenger side of the pan. I didn't notice if that inside stud with the riding rubber plunger is suppose to be straight up, or sideways?. I think up. Anybody know?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Strait up, or strain down(I forgot). It's a float switch. Its for when oil is to low it throws on a low oil light and the car won't start. Also make sure you get the right plastic baffle. The one you want has a built in crank scraper so to say. The 86 and early model plastic baffles didn't have that feature. Unfortunately they are pricey. Here is the last one on eBay from that seller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222542309752
another one
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112858155606
for a few bucks more you can get the whole shabang game from Larts. He has a LR baffled late style oil pan for sale with the right late style baffle at a great price. Personally that's what I would go for.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263314220565
Old 03-31-2018, 03:58 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Oh yeah. I did have the updated oil baffle. somehow some of the the plastic scrapers were knocked off, found em on the bottom of the pan. guess they were too close to the crank and were knocked off.

Anybody have a good spare used one to sell me?

thanks, Jaime

Quick Reply: which bolt(s) to hoist engine up?