Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Boost Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Enhancer

I have seen in a few Magazines some of the vendors selling a Boost Enhancers for my 951. What is this and is it something I might want to add?

Cliff 88 951
Old 12-28-2003, 08:30 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

This pretty much sums it up..

http://www.gururacing.net/ReliaBoost1.html

This is probably the best bang for the buck when it comes down to boost controls, but you have a ton more to select from. But I think it's a pretty good first mod considering its pretty cheap, but I doubt your car will let you overboost unless you have a set of chips (which guru also sells).
Old 12-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

What does it do??

Cliff 88 951
Old 12-28-2003, 08:38 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

The car is normally set at a stock psi level, with this item you can turn down or turn up the boost in the car. More boost = more power.

-All-metal construction for durability and maintenance-free operation
-Check-valve type boost-controller that prevents any premature opening of the wastegate
-Reduces turbo-lag to a minimum
-Ensures that you can hold your pre-set level of boost for as long as possible (within limits of turbo)
-Can be used in-line with stock cycling-valve (CV) or by itself to manage boost
-Built-in bleeder hole to relieve trapped boost pressure between controller and wastegate
-Shipped pre-set to provide 15psi of boost, may be adjusted to other levels
Old 12-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

I had a Merkur xr4ti that I had pumped up the power on by adding allot of stuff. One of the things I added might be the same as this. It had a small valve with a vacume line attached to the wastegate and turbo that let the waste gate open to full allowing the full boost come on all at once. When it was wet it was really scary to romp on it. Would this be the same thing?

Cliff 88 951
Old 12-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Sach951
Pro

Basically the same Cliff. I'm not sure whether one should really call the ReliaBoost a boost enhancer as it truly is a full MBC after a fashion. Boost enhancers / the reliaboost line stop the wastegate from receiving any boost signal till the specified boost is built, therefore preventing the wastegate from bleeding off boost pressure before full boost is being generated -- atleast to some degree. It supposedly makes a huge difference given the testimonials on lindsey's site as well as Guru's.

I plan to run the ReliaBoost ( 1, 2 or Accuboost, we'll see. ) straight to the wastegate with the cv deleted as a boost controller. I wouldn't use the lindsey boost enhancer as it causes boost spiking whereas the reliaboost has a bleed hole to prevent this.

There are a fair number of threads on the topic of the BE / RB. Search is your friend as well

Best wishes,
Sach

Quick Reply: Boost Enhancer