Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ebay rip off... Had to happen some time

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

meangreen, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. That's a good chunk of cash to be out of with nothing to show for it.

What do you mean by "linked to his old account"? Did his old account have any positive feedback? As a rule, I never bid on an item sold by someone with zero or any negative feedback.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:42 PM
meangreen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His old account was refernced in the ebay auction. Since I was given an phone number and spoke with him it all seemed ok.

WAIT! I can look at my cell phone bill for the days around the transaction and see what calls were made to that area code. This is good news.

Thanks for bringing something to light I had not thought of.

MeanGreen
Old 12-27-2003, 12:45 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the information returned for the phone number you provided: 619.448.1755

Hilton W Macneill, (619) 448-1755,
10150 Maple Tree Rd,
Santee, CA 92071

I'll see what I can do to get more info on him.

TonyG

Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 PM
meangreen
Advanced

Tony,
I am rounding up all the information I can find and remember. Went to the bank to get a copy of the check and pulled my cell phone bill.

There are 2 numbers on there made during the time I was in Encinitas for a service call. Both numbers are El Cajon and the first belongs to Mary, who actually called so I would stop calling her. The other was the one that got him to call back.

(619) 449-5046 is registered to Larry Scharnow who is 50 some years old, according to some information on the net. I believe the check was made out to Von Scharnow or Lonny Scharnow. Will know more when the bank sends the cancled check.

My plan is to get all the information I can so I can go to small claims court. His Ebay ad stated that the kit was brand new from Huntley, never installed and approx 2 years old. He also sold another kit at an auction shortly after mine.

Thanks to everyone for the help and support. I really hate being ripped off!!

Drive On,
Meangreen
Old 12-27-2003, 11:16 PM
meangreen
Advanced

OK, Got the correct name and phone. Just called and talked to his dad, didnt give the details but stated that I purchased some parts on Ebay and wanted to talk to him. After all its not his dads fault.

His name is LON SCHARNOW and the number I have is correct. If anyone has delt with him or knows him plase let me know.

Drive On,
MeanGreen
Old 12-28-2003, 01:26 AM
Blueman33
Pro

I have been ripped off on eBay by Competition Motor sports aka EastCoastMotor sports.

Ebay won't do anything. Paypal no help. i filed a complaint with IFCC and never heard a word.

Ebay protects its commissions, not its buyers. buyers are not their customers, sellers are. they stink.

I know that I purchased a car part from lonny1965.

I got screwed once on a power steering pump, but am not sure if it was this transaction.

My ebay name is DancinDavio. I am off the list probably until early January, but if you want to give me an email around then or if this post is still active i will update whatever information i have.

David
Blueman33@aol.com
Old 12-28-2003, 01:49 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm sorry this happened to you.

For now, you are stuck with what you got. Can you give us a little more info about the parts you got? The ARC-2 does not have any LED's that I know of..... Some pics would help.

If you do get screwed here, there are several people (me included) who could help with your ARC-2 problem. Just let us know.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:01 AM
meangreen
Advanced

Thanks guys, I will load up some pic when I get everything back running on the new PC. The last on had a HDD failure and unable to recover.

I received a ARC-2 with only 3 wires comming out the back. The install instructions I found on the net show several more. So I removed the rear screws and looked inside to see if maybe they were inside. From the outside it looks just like the unit shown on Spit Seconds web site.

To my suprise I see a circuit board with all attachment points but no circuits soldered onto it. There is only 3-5 small resistors in a row and 2 small transistors. The is also 5 white/clear LED's mounted on black stand offs so they sit high up off the board and face to the front as if to illuminate the front panel from behind.

The board is silk screened with all the component locations and "Split Second" on one edge and "TMC-1" on the oposite edge. The back panel which is anodized has a small square area in the lower left corner about the size of a postage stamp that has been ground/sanded to bare metal as if to remove a serial number or model number.

Does the ARC2 come with any information on the rear panel?

Take care and thanks for the support,
MeanGreen
Old 12-28-2003, 06:08 AM
meangreen
Advanced

Blueman33,
Looks like you purchased a 944 test pipe from him back in September. He sold another Huntly MAF kit in November under auction 2444022138. This guy has alot of MAF kits for one car, but anything is possible.

Drive On,
MeanGreen
Old 03-11-2004, 03:33 AM
meangreen
Advanced

Howdy,
After many emails and a long wait I was able to recently get 1/2 of my money back from the guy who sold me the MAF on Ebay and feel a bit better about everything. At least it was not a total loss and i did not have to drag it out in court. Another lesson learned the hard way.

Today as I searched Ebay I found the same guy selling another MAF kit. He seems to get some really good deals on new kits. The auction is 2465487692 and if your bidding please beware!

Drive On,
MeanGreen
Old 03-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Blueman33
Pro

Competition Motor Sports, AKA EastCoastMotorSports, and in particular

mark@competitionmotorsports.org

is a theif. Item #2433457103 was purchased 9-25-03 and never delivered.

They took my money and refused to answer email. Never sent the product, just stole the money.

BEWARE OF COMPETITION MOTOR SPORTS, THEY ARE THEIVES WHO MAKE THEIR MONEY CHEATING PEOPLE. DON'T YOU BE NEXT.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the heads up on that MeanGreen, I was actually watching that auction!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you got some satisfaction.

How did he "reference" his previous account? Did he have a link to it or something? Or did he just talk about it?
Old 03-11-2004, 08:52 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Check this out:

"This pic is off the website and is not the actual one being sold. It does however look identical to this one pictured but has never been installed"

Everybody, I MEAN EVERYBODY, write this guy and ask for him to reply with original pictures. If he has the unit, he should be able to take a couple of pictures. Let's drive this guy crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:19 AM
meangreen
Advanced

Peckster,
He had it listed in the auction description. When i checked that one i saw he had sold a MAF kit wit that ID. I contacted the person who bought the kit and he said he had received it and everything was there.

A little while later i received an email from that buyer stating the the MAF did not work and when he pulled off the top the resistors inside where broken off the main rods inside. Not exactly sure what they are but that is what they looked like.

The MAF i received had been ground on the mounting end and a large ring JB weld onto the end. Its a Ford MAF and would normally have a four bolt square mount. Anyone know if this is how Huntly Racing modified them?

Drive On,
MeanGreen

Quick Reply: Ebay rip off... Had to happen some time