Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

TPS questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 03:34 AM
jchaley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Is it possible that the throttle arc would be greater than 65 degrees for WOT if the throttle is opened slowly?"

Yes, it is... You can tell this based on O2-sensor feedback. On some aftermarket chips that re-program the WOT maps only, there's a wide disparity between the last highest-load row of the partial-throttle map and the WOT map (effectively a higher-resolution single-stripe of the fuel-maps). On the dyno or using the O2-gauge, you can see it jump from a lean mixture all of a sudden to a too-rich mixture. This lack of matching the maps has caused a lot of tuning problems when people try to use signal-interceptors/massagers. Because a 4.0v signal on the AFM can reference a partial-throttle data-cell under certain conditions (like 90%), yet that same voltage will reference another spot on the WOT map, at say 91% and result in a wildly different fuel-mixture (TonyG's had 1st-hand experience with this).

Hi Danno,
I am running into this problem. I have the Guru chips and have been logging data with my wide band O2. What i see is that at full throttle at about 4 V the A/F goes lean then rich at 4.2V. I have almost tuned it out but was going to write you and ask what might be causing this. My set up is guru chips, autothority MAF and split second PSC1 signal conditioner. I read your post above but do not quite understand what you are saying.

john
Old 12-28-2003, 05:31 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danno, I read your last post on this thread and I understand what you're saying. But, I'm assuming that these inconsistencies of injectors might only make minor air/fuel changes, and then it would be either a little rich or a lttle lean right across the board.
What I'm witnessing is a fairly large difference between part throttle map and WOT map, like described in the earlier post. Is it that difficult to make similar changes to a chip right across the board?

Quick Reply: TPS questions