Super 53 question - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Super 53 question

Reply

Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 PM
  #16
lart951

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

 
lart951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: California
Posts: 13,890
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
new cam, a good flowing head, new IC And the new gtx3576 gen2.


22 psi And it Will do the power
I bet my last ball it ain't happening, lol not at 22psi sorry,
lart951 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
  #17
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by lart951 View Post
I bet my last ball it ain't happening, lol not at 22psi sorry,
ill take you on that in march
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:26 PM
  #18
lart951

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

 
lart951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: California
Posts: 13,890
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
ill take you on that in march
Ok let's see I got to be proven wrong at least once and this on stock internals max rpm 7000?
lart951 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
  #19
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by lart951 View Post
Ok let's see I got to be proven wrong at least once and this on stock internals max rpm 7000?
h-rods And wiseco pistons. 8:1 in compression.
My engine man has calculated, And done a good job on the head, it Now flows 270cfm vs 200cfm on stock cam lift.
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:40 PM
  #20
lart951

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

 
lart951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: California
Posts: 13,890
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
h-rods And wiseco pistons. 8:1 in compression.
My engine man has calculated, And done a good job on the head, it Now flows 270cfm vs 200cfm on stock cam lift.

So this is only on paper, any other engine built like that with similar results? What you will hit [email protected]?
lart951 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:44 PM
  #21
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by lart951 View Post
So this is only on paper, any other engine built like that with similar results? What you will hit [email protected]?

around 6500 rpm.

Limit on 6800, since the oilpump is oem

he know his Numbers
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:40 AM
  #22
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member
 
V2Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alta Loma, CA
Posts: 40,107
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
h-rods And wiseco pistons. 8:1 in compression.
My engine man has calculated, And done a good job on the head, it Now flows 270cfm vs 200cfm on stock cam lift.

what does the head flow at 0.050", 0.100, 0.150, 0.200" 0.250" where it really counts? Peak lift numbers are neat but not hugely important when there's practically no cam duration at max lift like with a flat tappet cam.

not saying it can't be done, i hope you get 500+whp.

best 2.5 8v i know of was about 420whp at 20psi iirc, but the owner of that engine switched his little red car to V8 power over a decade ago now.

i once owned a 951 engine that was supposedly good for [email protected] psi with a vitesse stg 4 or 5 turbo+maf, 9r cam and lightly cleaned up head/intake.
V2Rocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:53 AM
  #23
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default


Originally Posted by V2Rocket View Post
what does the head flow at 0.050", 0.100, 0.150, 0.200" 0.250" where it really counts? Peak lift numbers are neat but not hugely important when there's practically no cam duration at max lift like with a flat tappet cam.

not saying it can't be done, i hope you get 500+whp.

best 2.5 8v i know of was about 420whp at 20psi iirc, but the owner of that engine switched his little red car to V8 power over a decade ago now.

i once owned a 951 engine that was supposedly good for [email protected] psi with a vitesse stg 4 or 5 turbo+maf, 9r cam and lightly cleaned up head/intake.
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:57 AM
  #24
944crazy
User
 
944crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 555
Default

I think Patrick Garvan's 2.5 made over 500hp...but that was with a crazy amount of head work and it revved to the moon.
944crazy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 AM
  #25
lart951

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

 
lart951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: California
Posts: 13,890
Default

Originally Posted by 944crazy View Post
I think Patrick Garvan's 2.5 made over 500hp...but that was with a crazy amount of head work and it revved to the moon.
8500rpm
lart951 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:59 AM
  #26
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by lart951 View Post
8500rpm

What do they do with the oilpump above 7000 rpm?
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:46 AM
  #27
333pg333
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
333pg333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,411
Default

We revved it to around 8200rpm at most. Made around 520whp @ 26psi. The motor is back in the US at Performance Developments and available for sale if anyone is really interested in a proper race motor.

New format on Rennlist. Not sure how to turn this pic 90o anticlockwise.
333pg333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 AM
  #28
ealoken
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 647
Default

Originally Posted by 333pg333 View Post
We revved it to around 8200rpm at most. Made around 520whp @ 26psi. The motor is back in the US at Performance Developments and available for sale if anyone is really interested in a proper race motor.

New format on Rennlist. Not sure how to turn this pic 90o anticlockwise.
Nice curve, but this is with a drysump or oem oilpump?
ealoken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
  #29
Humboldtgrin
User
 
Humboldtgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,676
Default

Didn't the 7 87/88 951 GTR's make 650 RWHP? Might want to ask Porsche what they did 30 years ago.
Humboldtgrin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
  #30
333pg333
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
333pg333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 18,411
Default

Originally Posted by ealoken View Post
Nice curve, but this is with a drysump or oem oilpump?
Definitely dry sump.
333pg333 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GTsilber
Vehicle Marketplace
24
01-17-2018 11:27 PM
LSs1Power
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
31
01-06-2018 08:30 AM
UNEEKONE
Parts Marketplace
10
03-13-2017 02:25 PM
brixtonforged
997 Turbo Forum
4
05-11-2016 02:16 PM
Humboldtgrin
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum
6
01-31-2016 10:15 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: