Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vacuum hose routing for '86 951 with Pedersen vacuum 5 port manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vacuum hose routing for '86 951 with Pedersen vacuum 5 port manifold

I've read the various thread on vac hose routing and want to be triple-sure I get it right the first time, so please bear with me.

This for '86 951 with Lindsey Racing silicone hose and venturi delete, cycling valve delete, and Pedersen 5 port VM mounted to single banjo bolt hole factory intake manifold:

Does the following work, so no Tees are needed?
:

The following vacuum hoses go directly (straight shot with no T or connector) to Pedersen VM from 1.) firewall check valve; 2.) fuel vapor purge valve; 3) fuel pressure damper; 4) fuel pressure regulator; 5.) blow off valve, and; 6.) KLR vacuum hose via banjo bolt, per normal.

Bunny ear hoses go to large end of fuel vapor purge valve and to throttle body nipple, per normal.

Large silicone hose goes uncut (no T needed) from brake booster to intake manifold.

Large silicone hoses connect IC hardpipe to idle control and then to intake manifold.

Again, this uses no T connections to avoid potential leaks and to make for generally less internal volume of the hoses for better/faster pneumatic communication, if that make any difference. Each vacuum-activated part (FPR, check valve, etc.) gets its vacuum source directly from the Pedersen vacuum manifold without sharing a hose with another part.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM
NCLA951
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds right to me. Same as I did except with a longer banjo bolt and one t for FPR and Damper.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:44 PM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, this is pretty much what I have done except I got the 4 port as I deleted the fuel vapor purge valve.

Quick Reply: Vacuum hose routing for '86 951 with Pedersen vacuum 5 port manifold