Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Torsion Bar Delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:44 PM
ZPmadA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an embarrassing squeak whenever I hit little bumps coming from the rear hatch area. It is only noticeable with the radio off, and my exhaust if stock so the car is very quiet. The PO had a Weltmeister hollow torsion bar installed (WELT_TT-5200), weltmeister Inner spring plate bushings and racers edge delrin outer spng plate bush. He may have had other bushings installed but those are the only receipts I can find. Anyone know which bushing is squeaking and if there are quieter bushings on the market now? These bushings were installed in July 2001. How much of a PITA is replacing the squeaking bushing? I don't beat on this car and is has yet to see the track since I owned it, so I don't need top of the line bushings if they are going to be noisy.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:14 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZPmadA
I have an embarrassing squeak whenever I hit little bumps coming from the rear hatch area. It is only noticeable with the radio off, and my exhaust if stock so the car is very quiet. The PO had a Weltmeister hollow torsion bar installed (WELT_TT-5200), weltmeister Inner spring plate bushings and racers edge delrin outer spng plate bush. He may have had other bushings installed but those are the only receipts I can find. Anyone know which bushing is squeaking and if there are quieter bushings on the market now? These bushings were installed in July 2001. How much of a PITA is replacing the squeaking bushing? I don't beat on this car and is has yet to see the track since I owned it, so I don't need top of the line bushings if they are going to be noisy.
First, is the noise coming from the hatch, or is it coming from the suspension? Noise from the hatch is pretty common, and usually means the hatch pins are misadjusted, or you are starting to get separation between the hatch glass, and the hatch frame.
As for the bushings, they can become out of round, or can even be installed out of round, and will squaek when the aren't fully lubricated. This is also pretty common. For spring plate bushings, I would go with elephant racing's product.
You will need to get in there and determine for yourself which bushing/s are squeaking, and lube them.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:19 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lube them anyways ways just to get it out of the way..

Quick Reply: Torsion Bar Delete