Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where to pick up the rpm signal from the DME?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

968workaholic,

I think (hope) I found the wire you're referring to. It's part of a group of wires coming from the 14-pin connector, on the side of the connector opposite the DME (so going up behind the glove box). This wire is mostly green with a black stripe. I can't tell which pin of the 14-pin connector it goes to, and I don't want to take the connector apart other than as an absolute last resort, because this connector tends to "explode", making it very easy to lose track of which wire goes where (ask me how I know...). However, when I took it apart when I pulled my engine, I took notes which show this wire as going to Pin #2. There is a wire in the group entering the 14-pin connector on the DME side, but this wire is mostly black, with a green stripe, so it must be one I described above, right? Thanks again for all your help.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:20 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look closely at the connector, where the two plugs connect together, there should be numbers cast into the piece identifying the pins.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Identity confirmed. I had such a horrible memory of this connector exploding in my hands, sending wires in all different directions, and spending hours piecing together where each one went, that I was reluctant to remove ANY part of this connector, even the covers under which the pin labels reside. But I did it, and it looks like I have the right wire. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Where to pick up the rpm signal from the DME?