Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Stock shifter upgrade/update

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, is the polished one gonna get all smudged when i touch like the hand marks we get on our windows?
~Eyal
Old 12-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rennlist-a-holic Eyal,

There isn't much I could do to the polished versions to make them any less smudge/scratch resistant than any other piece of polished 316 stainless steel that you'll come scross. The polished versions will require some "maintenance" to help it keep it's bright, polished, fresh-out-of-the-box finish. This will include a wipe with a soft cloth from time to time and maybe even some polishing compound if things gets really dulled. If anyone does purchase a polished version and decides that it's not for them (it ISN'T for everyone), I'll exchange it at no cost for a brushed version provided you didn't gouge or nick the top surface.

Did I answer your question, Eyal?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

question answered, and thats the answer i expected, just checking, I'll probably be getting one sometime soon. (next few days)
~Eyal
P.S. you dont have any drawing/photo rendition of the shift patter one yet do you?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

This is the best I can do right now.

A rendering is tough b/c the numbers don't show up too well. They are too shallow. With the contrast in texture on the real *****, it shows up much nicer.

Originally posted by Eyal 951
question answered, and thats the answer i expected, just checking, I'll probably be getting one sometime soon. (next few days)
~Eyal
P.S. you dont have any drawing/photo rendition of the shift patter one yet do you?
\
Old 12-17-2003, 10:58 PM
AlexE
Pro

Joe..

I received my piece today..

NICE! I likkeeeyyy.. If the shift pattern one comes out just as nice I think I will pick one up as well...

By the way... my PM box was full.. Let me know about the stock shifter. Thanks. Alex
Old 12-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

I'm still in love with turbo insert. Seeing the shift pattern ones in person might change my mind though. We'll know pretty soon... Glad you (and everyone else who has received theirs) like the insert. Thanks for all the feedback.

I'll send you another PM.

Originally posted by AlexE
Joe..

I received my piece today..

NICE! I likkeeeyyy.. If the shift pattern one comes out just as nice I think I will pick one up as well...

By the way... my PM box was full.. Let me know about the stock shifter. Thanks. Alex

Quick Reply: Stock shifter upgrade/update