What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet? - Page 67 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?

Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

AZ PCA Flight 41
First in Street Class

Old 11-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Jon951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it! You've done an incredible job with your car.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:36 AM
EliteThink
User

yes looks great! love the matching top cover.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:24 AM
culture
Addict
Rennlist Member

AZ, glad to see you posting again. I'm sure that trophy feels good after that work. I see you finished the headlights. Any closeups? How did the ignition packs work out?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Richard Hurst
New User

Default S2 Cab Australia

Hey great thread, this is my Cab Iíve had it for 5 years., done all the belts 993 targa wheels with Hankook RS4 tyres club sport steering wheel, 2 1/4 inch exhaust and a stereo with two mini flat subs all hidden, new top Want to do the Bilstein conversion and maybe lower the front a touch but itís almost impossible to find springs here as well as adjust the rear to try and match. Then Look at sway bars Love driving this thing and the standard classic plates here match the colour by chance
about a year ago the heater got stuck on itís not the clip from the inside selector tho, maybe something under cover near the firewall?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM
culture
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice and welcome. I don't believe I've seen one in that color before.
Interested in how you did your subs. I just put a 8" bazooka in the trunk and called it a day.

You can buy lowering springs from H&R. They would be listed for a 968, but its what I have and I just lowered the rear spring plates to match. I also have the Koni inserts in modified front strut housings and am considering rear coilovers to help with rear tire rub (275/35).

I have been dealing with the heat thing for a while. Its neither the clip or the heater valve as the air mix works when it feels like working. I'm going to try a new CCU next, and last the interior temp sensor since I would have to go under the dash for that.

Is your exhaust custom or a manufactured piece?
Old 12-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Richard Hurst
New User

Hey thanks for that would you believe that I cant get the H&R Springs here but ill get them sent from the UK or US. So Ive got one amp under the seat powering the front splits and the deck powering 4 speakers and then two slimline box style Phillips powered subs one in the cavity in the trunk opposite side of where the battery is and one screwed to the passenger footwell and a floor mat on top. basically it looks stock but pumps. Exhaust was custom made up, a friend here with a cab also asked for the same but found it too loud,. I love it
Old 12-22-2018, 08:24 PM
geno
User

installed 997 hard back sports seats a few weeks ago. They fit great in the cab.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:43 PM
EliteThink
User

Originally Posted by geno View Post

installed 997 hard back sports seats a few weeks ago. They fit great in the cab.
nice, how big of a job was this?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:02 PM
culture
Addict
Rennlist Member

nice seats Geno

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: