944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Los Angeles Pick A Part Euro Bumpers & Script Seats and 1/2 price too

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 04:45 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Los Angeles Pick A Part Euro Bumpers & Script Seats and 1/2 price too

i was at the pick a part in wilmington today and there is a 944 with front & rear euro bumpers there. here's some pics as they are not perfect but still quitye nice and not sure how rare these are but thought someone might be interested.

also, this car has very nice black porsche script seats with what appears to be no rips or wear. i can't say for sure as both door handles were messed up so the doors won't open and you'll have to get creative or smash the window but from what i could see, the seats look brand new. it is the early interior but the seats are nice.

hope someone can use these parts and for half price this weekend, you can't go wrong. bumpers will set you back $20 each (i think as pick a part pricing is always a bit cryptic!)

rear bumper has cracks and slight damage but should be salvageable. front is pretty good but missing fog lights which are probably pretty tough to source. but for $20, what'dya expect?

and BTW this is at the yard SOUTH of PCH as there are 2 yards in the same area. address is:

1232 Blinn Avenue
Wilmington, Ca 90744

there is also a red 944 turbo (first turbo i've EVER seen at a pick a part!) at the other lot (north of PCH.) i grabbed a bunch off that car but still some goodies left. turbo, brakes, wheels, transaxle, complete exhaust system are all gone but it does have drilled rear rotors, koni sports on the rear (but bring a breaker bar as i would have grabbed them but damn those bolts are tight!) has rear diffuser still but rear hatch is shut so you'll have to climb up in there. intercooler is there. and it has boxed rockers but drivers side might be damaged. passenger side is removed and i put it on top of car. if you have a need and want to know if it's there, PM me and i'll do my best to help. hate to see any porsche part go to waste....

good luck & happy hunting!

and some pics:

Old 10-06-2012, 04:50 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

here's the turbo:

Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You should've grabbed those side skirts off the 951.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:01 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

probably no chance the cars are still there, huh?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Too bad.

The first one seems to be a real-deal Euro grey-market car. Looks like a series two as well.

Wish someone would save them!

Take care!

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Pick A Part Euro Bumpers & Script Seats and 1/2 price too