944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

'84 Driver Door Will Not Open

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:33 PM
ianrainey
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '84 Driver Door Will Not Open

My '84 944 door lock mechanism wore loose, and I had to roll down the window and grab the outer handle every time I wanted to unlock the door. Today, I took apart the lock by taking off the interior panel, and opening the door. Then I loosened the allen bolts that join the locking mehanism to the bolt on the outside frame. Well, I only had the bolts slightly loose, and my raggedy old doorstop gave way. The door closed, and because the lock is not tight, it won't release. You can spend all day pulling on the mechanism, jamming screwdrivers inside and everything, but because the door is not "tight," it won't release off the ****. I can't get my door open!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has this happened to anyone? Do I have to go to an autobody shop to have them torch/cut the lock out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. That's the last time I try to save a buck........ok, I'll always be tinkering with it. You win some, you lose some.

Thanks,
Ian Rainey
Black '84 944 <a href="http://www.users.muohio.edu/raineyir.myporshe944.htm" target="_blank">My Black '85 944</a>

Quick Reply: '84 Driver Door Will Not Open