944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Update on Cooling fan SAGA!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 07:52 PM
944 Driver
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Update on Cooling fan SAGA!!

As my post a few days ago about my cooling fans not coming on. Well, some bozo who owned my 84" 944 had a small relay routed from the battery to the fans. It took me like a week to figure that out and THANKS to someone yesterday on this post who said that there wasn't suppose to be a small relay for the cooling fans mounted on the passenger fender! Well, I took all the not-original wires out of car and plugged in the 2 prong wire that goes into the drivers side fan. Well, things are looking up somewhat? The drivers side fan goes on at very low speed now and stays on after the car is off also. But, it's not kickin in HIGH when drivin and the passenger fan doesn't even come on no matter what?
I've replaced the thermo fan switch and the fan relay under the dash, but haven't changed the thermostat yet. Would that be the problem? Or is it something else?

I'm just a college dude who can't afford to take it to the repair shop whenever. Especially something like this. So, thanks for your patience and guidance!!

Also, I still have the 3 blade fans. Do you recommend switching to the 6 blade fans?

Mark

UW Madison

Quick Reply: Update on Cooling fan SAGA!!