High oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Dutch944
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default High oil pressure

Hi all,

Since i took my car out off its wintersleep and refurbished my rear-axle, it seems the oil pressure is just amazingly high. When i start it, it goes immediately to the max of the meter on the dash but when it's completely warm it's about 2.8 bars when stationair. The other thing is that my oilstick (is it called oilstick?) is coming out during driving. So i thought, maybe there is a lot of leakage in the cilinders into the carter. So i tried a leak-downtest but all cilinders had a leakage of 10%. I already talked to a lot of people about this and everyone said i dont have to worry about it but I still do. In my opinion high oil pressure isnt bad but i'm not really an expert.

PS, i also cleaned the oil filler tube and put on some new gaskets. And i forgot to tell that sometimes it's spitting oil out of the oilstick pipe..

Thanks in advance!
Bas Henneman
The Netherlands
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM
dp951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like excessive blow by causing the dip stick to be forced out under pressure.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Snootybooty9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did u just pour oil in there till its full or put in the proper amount in

Friends gf poured to much in her car. It happens when rushed.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM
dpsatx
2nd Gear

When the oil sender unit quits or stops working the gage on the dash will peg to the top, not a big thing to change, you will need a stubby 15/16 open end, I chopped one of mine down to about half the original length, kind of a tight space to try and turn a wrench in.
Hope this helps
Don
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM
44cupmaster
Track Day

this can be a few things . 1 cracked piston 2 clogged breather tube 3 stuck oil pressure regulator . best thing to do is tack it to a shop and have it checked out by someone who knows what there doing . thats why i go to behe performance .

Quick Reply: High oil pressure