944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944 mirror wiring madness

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
culture
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 944 mirror wiring madness

i have searched exhaustively the fourm, multiple boards and google and just cant get the complete answer to my problem.

had a paint shop cut my mirror wires about 7" below the mirror. the drivers side i have back together because there were 5 wires on either side of the cut. the passenger side is different. i have 5 wires coming from the mirror pigtail but only 4 on the other.
brown - ground
black/brown - down/up
brown/yellow - constant +12 (prob for mirror heater)
white - left/right
white/brown - ???? (polarity shift?)

the wires still in the door are only 4 wires. the white/brown is not on the door side, but is on the mirror tail. i have found that wire to be the most puzzling thing. grounding it gives me left and down, puttnig +12 on it gives me right and up. but i cant get all 4 directions to work simultaneously.

wherever they cut the wires they cut out where the white/brown is supposed to go. ive looked at everything i could and cant get that answer, just wire colors that i dont have (red, blue, black, etc), incomplete resolutions, etc.

anyone know what i'm supposed to do with this white/brown wire coming from the mirror? i dont see it in the door wires and dont know where/what to wire it to. its driving me i think i'm suppopsed to split it, but i'm lost at this point.

any body?

Quick Reply: 944 mirror wiring madness