Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Can anybody in the KC area help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
PTskater944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody in the KC area help me out?

I'm having various problems (backfiring, sputtering, low idle, no idle, running EXTREMELY rich....etc.) with the way my car is running, and lately its gotten a lot worse. My car is at ImagineAuto in Lenexa. They've done all kinds of testing on it, checking the AFM, TPS, temperature sensor tests in the cylinders, O2 sensor, and fuel pressure tests, still the car wont run right. The only thing we can think of left to check is the DME. We need to swap a known good DME with mine to see if thats the problem. Its an 87 NA (non S). If anybody in the KC area familiar with the guys at ImagineAuto would like to help out (maybe any KCWS guys), it would be greatly appreciated. If you can please contact Ben at ImagineAuto at bwornall@imagineauto.com

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
PTskater944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, they re-soldered the contacts on the DME and replaced a temperature sensor which helped out a lot, its still running rich but it doesnt sputter, backfire, and die anymore. We think its the oxygen sensor making the car run rich. Also the compression is low. It goes 140 (about normal), 90, 115, 120. What could be causing that? The head was completely rebuilt a few months ago, if that would have anything else to do with it.

Quick Reply: Can anybody in the KC area help me out?