Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Upgrading my radio should i do a pop up

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019 | 02:18 PM
Juan Pena
6th Gear

Lightbulb Upgrading my radio should i do a pop up

hi, I was wondering if anyone has put a modular radio or a pop-up the radio in a first-gen 944. I was thinking about putting a modular radio and putting the screen where the middle speaker is and make a little box cover in suede. or put the pop-up radio but

I don't know if the screen could pop up

https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/PO...s/DMH-C2500NEX

https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/PO...EX/AVH-3500NEX
Old 08-19-2019 | 07:31 PM
Spring44
Instructor

I bought a Jensen Pop-up for mine, but I have to wait until cooler weather to install it. When the radio is off and "parked" the screen retreats into the radio and then it just looks like a regular radio.
Old 08-20-2019 | 10:53 PM
bugzilla
Track Day

Originally Posted by Juan Pena
hi, I was wondering if anyone has put a modular radio or a pop-up the radio in a first-gen 944. I was thinking about putting a modular radio and putting the screen where the middle speaker is and make a little box cover in suede. or put the pop-up radio but

I don't know if the screen could pop up

https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/PO...s/DMH-C2500NEX

https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/PO...EX/AVH-3500NEX
So I got a Pioneer AVH-3300 - it's a carplay flip up unit that I think is just like the 3500 you mention below. I put a backup camera in there too, just because. Works like a champ! Just can't have it in front-most gears when flipping. I recommend turning off the auto-flip ASAP, that way you won't stress out the flipping mechanism when you inevitably forget to fix the gear shift ****...

Last edited by bugzilla; 08-21-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2019 | 11:01 PM
Juan Pena
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Spring44
I bought a Jensen Pop-up for mine, but I have to wait until cooler weather to install it. When the radio is off and "parked" the screen retreats into the radio and then it just looks like a regular radio.
let me know how it goes
Old 08-20-2019 | 11:01 PM
Juan Pena
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bugzilla
So I got a Pioneer AVH-3300 - it's a carplay flip up unit that I think is just like the 3500 you mention below. I put a backup camera in there too, just because. Works like a champ! Just can't have it in front-most gears when flipping. I recommend turning off the auto-flip ASAP, that way you won't stress out the flipping mechanism when you inevitably forget to fix the gear shift ****...
can you post a video or photo???
Old 08-21-2019 | 01:37 AM
bugzilla
Track Day

Default AVH-3300 Flip Video

can you post a video or photo???
Por que no los dos?

Here you go!

Note the car is in neutral then I flip the screen.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Flip944.mov (2.04 MB, 31 views)
Old 08-21-2019 | 10:57 AM
Juan Pena
6th Gear

Did u have to take the **** off the heating to do that?? And is the radio all the way in flush?? I wanna make the car a stealth daily so I need everything to be working and good
Old 08-21-2019 | 12:04 PM
bugzilla
Track Day

Originally Posted by Juan Pena
Did u have to take the **** off the heating to do that?? And is the radio all the way in flush?? I wanna make the car a stealth daily so I need everything to be working and good
No, it’s off because I was messing around with some of the instruments back there. Everything is normal. You can also adjust the tilt of the screen so it has a little clearance between the ***** and the back of the screen.

There is nothing untoward here.
The following users liked this post:
Juan Pena (09-08-2019)

Quick Reply: Upgrading my radio should i do a pop up